Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Haven't got the email yet, but the credit is in my profile along with the Promo Code to use.

Going to get the Preware Documentation right now.
    Last edited by TheDewWorm; 08/13/2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Update
    I got my email last night. After I registered it it indicated that it expires January 1st 2012.
    HP is really annoying. HP blogs on August 6th, The Official HP Palm Blog: 100 more reasons to love the HP TouchPad

"Look for an email with the details next week. You'll want to make sure the email address associated with your TouchPad is an address you currently use so that you'll receive the email we'll be sending with the details. You can check it in the Device Info app, and update it (if necessary) here."

Now we are at August 14th, 8 days later. Many loyal webOS users like me still don't have a promo code in their palm/webos profile nor do we have an email from them. Yes, my email address is current. Yes, I've checked the online Palm Profile website. No, nothing shows up in either of those places.

HP, your words are meaningless. You are verging on being untrustworthy and meaningless in the smartphone and tablet space. Your loyal customers are going to switch to your competitors VERY soon.

Am I ranting, yes, probably so. However, time and time again their words are meaningless and their execution is poor. I've been a webOS fan since the day it was launched. "Waiting" is tolerable. However, I (and many others) get tired of Palm or HP making statements and then they can't execute on those statements.

EDIT: Just chatted with webOS Mobile Chat support......

Their answer: "The $50 App Catalog Promotion this is NOT officially launch yet. An Email will be sent out to the "Qualifying Customers". Email will be sent "soon", Please wait for the email before you can avail the Promo."

My reply: "Your customers are annoyed with HP leaders making statements and not following thu. HP's Jon Zilber said "next week" 8 days ago."
    Last edited by ericblackdv; 08/14/2011 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Just conducted a chat with HP about this topic.
    I don't have my code yet, either. No email has come to my account. I've chatted with reps several times and they are no help. Also, their grasp of the English language sucks. I purchased just after midnight on 1 July, I really hope something didn't go wrong on the HP side.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    No code yet. TP was activated on Aug 2nd I think
    Nothing yet and I check at least once a day. Yes it is not official...almost like they're keeping a secret??? Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtime500 View Post
    I got my email last night. After I registered it it indicated that it expires January 1st 2012.
    thats 10-50 apps you need to buy in 4 months.

I don't understand why HP is making all these subtle calculations? These things won't save them much money, but do leave an impression of insincere in their offering.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

I don't understand why HP is making all these subtle calculations? These things won't save them much money, but do leave an impression of insincere in their offering.
    how so?
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    how so?
    I made two statement, which one are you asking?

Sonce you work at HP, maybe you can anwser this question, why put a 4 months limit on this?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Some people will never be happy.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    still don't have mine either

sad face
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again. Some people will never be happy.
    My suggestion to make customers happy: refund $100. There will be zero unhappiness after that.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I made two statement, which one are you asking?

Sonce you work at HP, maybe you can anwser this question, why put a 4 months limit on this?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Because everything has to have an end date. You can't leave everything out for open ended to just use for whenever you please. Four months felt like it was a good time to add.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

Because everything has to have an end date. You can't leave everything out for open ended to just use for whenever you please. Four months felt like it was a good time to add.
    I don't follow, why not? If hp decided to give away these credit, whats the harm letting users decided when and what they want to buy? Considering the normal life time of such devices, its at most a two year period, what is the harm? Not to mention there may be more and better apps coming out when the platform gains more attractions (hopefully), why push?

My credit card cash rebate never expires, for example.
    ---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    I don't follow, why not? If hp decided to give away these credit, whats the harm letting users decided when and what they want to buy? Considering the normal life time of such devices, its at most a two year period, what is the harm? Not to mention there may be more and better apps coming out when the platform gains more attractions (hopefully), why push?

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Business reasons. End of discussion. HP doesn't have to provide a reason why something should expire. You can disagree, but there is not a point in going back and forth over it. As a business the decision was made to provide an end date, does it provide you the best possible thing in the world, probably not and you're in your right to believe that, but as a company it wouldn't be the best decision to leave anything open ended. Clip a coupon out of the papers this Sunday and bring me one that doesn't have an end date and allows you to use it as long as you would like. Life has expiration dates we just have to know where the boundaries are and play within them.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

Bo likes this.
    Clip a coupon out of the papers this Sunday and bring me one that doesn't have an end date and allows you to use it as long as you would like. Life has expiration dates we just have to know where the boundaries are and play within them.
    I can see that business thinking alright. If hp believes its good for them in the long run, so be it.

In my mind, this shouldn't be treated as a coupon, this should be treated as a variaty of refund. Business needs customers and loyalty, I don't think calculating every penny gonna win over loyalties. Too much business thinking may not be the "cool kids" style as hp CEO said it wants to be, and may be a bigger problem in the long run.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    The reason is Accounting reasons and EOY Accounting..

I can see that business thinking alright. If hp believes its good for them in the long run, so be it.

In my mind, this shouldn't be treated as a coupon, this should be treated as a variaty of refund. Business needs customers and loyalty, I don't think calculating every penny gonna win over loyalties. Too much business thinking may not be the "cool kids" style as hp CEO said it wants to be, and may be a bigger problem in the long run.

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    If you feel that you should get a discount for the full price you paid you need to go back to where you bought it from and check their refund policies and see if they all a time period for price changes .. (hope you know what i mean)
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by totoro80 View Post
    still don't have mine either

sad face
    I think the list of people not getting it is getting longer! I checked again today and nothing. Sorli...
    I am still without an email from HP and am without a promo code...
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!

---
    galaxy tab tapatalk
    Almost every gift card has an expiration date. I don't care if it is four months because it won't take that long for me to make a decision on what will amount to 10 apps. I am upset that I have not received the email or the promo code yet and I bought one on release day.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast