Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kjb86
  • 1 Post By Wh0mpu5
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By Weaser999
  • 1 Post By Weaser999
  1.    #1  
    As a Canadian it is good to see that at least SOME movement is being made to equalize the playing field with the US but I thought this list might be prudent to keep up the pressure to start removing these 'region locked' deals or applications.

I suggest everyone document here what they feel should be present or available on the touchpad they own in no particular order and leave it here until it is equalized.

1. The Make it right 50 dollar rebate - Why don't we have this in Europe or Canada? Why don't we have an equivalent?

2. The 50 dollar early adopter bonus - We still don't have this in Canada.

3. The movie store or some movie store equivalent - Realize this is under the complete control of HP but it stands because it is under the control of others who decide to region lock.
    I would put Kindle on here but ...whoorah for progress
    Need for speed - hot pursuit doesn't seem to be available in the UK/Europe
    the kindle app
    has any Canadian purchased the TP on launch and got credit back for the recent price drop at Future Shop?
    I don't expect the $50 credit for early adopters, remember we had an instant $70 off from ROTW. ( I paid $549 plus tax on launch and it was $619 everywhere else at the time ) It's currently sitting at $499. $50 for month earlier I can deal with that.
  6.    #6  
    I bought on launch day and I don't see a single credit on my profile. Recent news is the credit is spanning out to Europe so I hope this thread will come across HP's desk and pass on the 'WE WANT IT HERE IN CANADA NOW' vibes.
    I've got my mother interested in the tp now. She went to go look at one finally (lives in ontario) the store she went to said that they are sold out and it seems they are having a hard time keeping them in stock.

apparently the tp was crowded with people. Could be good news in canada with the price drop.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I bought on Launch for Canada , and i realize i won't get the early adopter one but the app credit would be nice , i mean the price did drop after we bought it .

As far as the movie store , I am pretty sure that HP has a few fingers tied on this , as there is a HUGE issue with Distrubution rights in Canada , so i am not holding my breath on that.

Kindle was released today or yesterday for Canada , so we have that.

I would still like to see netflix hop on board.

Either way , i want the 50.00 app credit :P , its only fair to us Canadians
    sledge007 likes this.
    it is only fair. We are no different and with the 50 drop in price it would equal out
    No different except our dollars are worth more then USD (used to hate getting .60 cents to USD In the 90's ), and it comes in all sorts of colours. Ok Yankees you can make fun of our "Monopoly" money now
    kjb86 likes this.
    I think we should get the $50 app credit as well. They had way more of a drop in price in the States, as well as rebates, etc. We did get an instant rebate for buying new of 70 bucks, but I still think the 50 credit would be warranted. It would really kickstart the app community. Thank God they made the Kalemsoft player!!
    sledge007 likes this.
    I live in Canada, and Costco always has the best price matching. Bought mine a few weeks ago. Took it back today and they offered me the new lower price match. But I'm starting to feel the old palm blues around. The Pre3 is going to be old technology by the time it hits the streets. Don't like that I have to use a HP printer or have to have a HP phone to fully integrate with the Touch Pad. Magazine arriving late (here in Canada) and blocked from certain programs. No ability to do any text editing or work on any spread sheets. An I not to keen on the fact that the only hard wire entry is already having issues of becoming loose.

Bought some programs but I took the hit on them and returned the TP. Will keep checking in and see what's happening, I do like the operating system on it. At least if things improve and I decide to get another HP product I can still download and install what I purchased.

1. Shame on HP for Shipping a product that was not really ready to ship.
    2. Shame on HP for trying to box me into HP only products to use with the Touch Pad.
    3. Shame on HP for treating me less of a consumer than the Americans.

Kudo's to Rod and the gang at internals, and if any thing will pull me back it will be that gang.
    I had my TP on preorder and delivered on launch from HP web site. Feel a little cheated at time it is taking to get the kindle app.

I would like some recognition by HP of those of in us Europe who had belief in the webOS way.
    Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    I live in Canada, and Costco always has the best price matching. Bought mine a few weeks ago. Took it back today and they offered me the new lower price match. But I'm starting to feel the old palm blues around. The Pre3 is going to be old technology by the time it hits the streets. Don't like that I have to use a HP printer or have to have a HP phone to fully integrate with the Touch Pad. Magazine arriving late (here in Canada) and blocked from certain programs. No ability to do any text editing or work on any spread sheets. An I not to keen on the fact that the only hard wire entry is already having issues of becoming loose.

Bought some programs but I took the hit on them and returned the TP. Will keep checking in and see what's happening, I do like the operating system on it. At least if things improve and I decide to get another HP product I can still download and install what I purchased.

1. Shame on HP for Shipping a product that was not really ready to ship.
    2. Shame on HP for trying to box me into HP only products to use with the Touch Pad.
    3. Shame on HP for treating me less of a consumer than the Americans.

Kudo's to Rod and the gang at internals, and if any thing will pull me back it will be that gang.
    You live in Canada so you may as well get used to it. Shame on the internet providers for not letting us watch US TV streaming shows. Dude, if HP were a Canadian company, then it probably would be different. But they aren't, the US gets stuff first. Thats the way it is, it's an American Company, so the American's get first dibs. Maybe you should call shame on the CRTC who isn't allowing any of the US stuff across our border. SHAME ON YOU CRTC.
    sledge007 likes this.