Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I have gotten this at least 3 times. Getting annoying.

    here is the sceario. Two apps opened. Video playing in the browser in card view for about 15 minutes (and still playing) and reading rss feeds via feeder app. I click to share an article via email..no response..and 5 times of repeating to share..i started to get too many cards error..everytime I click share email..i get sorry too many cards..after 10 or 15 more attemtps..i was finall able to get email opened and shared the article. Very annoying. Need to fix these memory leaks.
  2. #2  
    doesnt sound like memory leak... sounds like youve got resource intensive tasks going (the video.... and possibly any flash involved... is just gonna kill imo) and it did what it's suppose to do when you try to open something and there is not enough resource. not a memory leak imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I have gotten this at least 3 times. Getting annoying.

    here is the sceario. Two apps opened. Video playing in the browser in card view for about 15 minutes (and still playing) and reading rss feeds via feeder app. I click to share an article via email..no response..and 5 times of repeating to share..i started to get too many cards error..everytime I click share email..i get sorry too many cards..after 10 or 15 more attemtps..i was finall able to get email opened and shared the article. Very annoying. Need to fix these memory leaks.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    doesnt sound like memory leak... sounds like youve got resource intensive tasks going (the video.... and possibly any flash involved... is just gonna kill imo) and it did what it's suppose to do when you try to open something and there is not enough resource. not a memory leak imo.
    Agreed, I have yet to see a TMC.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  4. doctj's Avatar
    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    #4  
    Most of my card error messages are browser related.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  5. #5  
    I've havd my screen turn solid blue (like on the old windows). Happened in the middle of a skype convo when the other person attempted to turn their cam on or atleast that's what I'm thinking caused it since it didn't do it at any other time. I took pictures of it from my Pre. Seems like I'm the only one this has happened to though.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    doesnt sound like memory leak... sounds like youve got resource intensive tasks going (the video.... and possibly any flash involved... is just gonna kill imo) and it did what it's suppose to do when you try to open something and there is not enough resource. not a memory leak imo.
    Thanks for the clarification. However, having one browser opened playing a flash video is not really resource intensive when u have 1.2Ghz snapdragon processor and 1G of RAM, etc. These are things I am afraid that newbies would abandon webos even if they can get tablet for 40% off compared to ipad. I hope these things get fixed and we get as smooth an experience with webos as with ipad. In that case webos is a much better device. Hope we get there soon.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
  7. dulaney22's Avatar
    Posts
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #7  
    This has been happening to me just today. I've rebooted and not had the problem since.
  8. #8  
    TMC is obviously memory related. if you have preware installed, Grab a j stop and free some memory.
  9. #9  
    I tweeted about TMC and uploaded a screenshot a while back when this thing first came out.

    @Meech14
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

    The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  10. #10  
    I've only had this happen to me once, I had about 4 or 5 cards open loaded with flash videos.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    TMC is obviously memory related. if you have preware installed, Grab a j stop and free some memory.
    I can confirm J stop with auto garbage collect has been working splendidly all day. When there is TMC or blank email, website not loading (happens at about the 10th card open, especially if video is playing), I just swipe off a few cards, usually I am done with those cards but did not toss them yet.
    No crashes have been occurring with STop open.

Posting Permissions