Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By popologuy
  1.    #1  
    I was one of the participants in the week long study group for Elliott Benson Research on the Touchpad. I emailed the company a couple of times asking when we would be seeing payment for being in the study group, but no response other than one time when the group moderator emailed me that Benson would be getting in touch with me to express its thanks.

Anybody in the study group get paid yet?
    Last edited by popologuy; 08/11/2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: edit title
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    No, but I believe they indicated 4 to 6 weeks initially when I first asked about getting paid. Anytime in August will be fine by my expectations.
    Ditto the above... they told us 4 to 6 weeks... haven't received the rebate yet either, but they always take forever...
    FYI - I got paid for this yesterday.
    I haven't gotten paid. The email I got on august 2nd about payment said it would be 2 to 4 weeks.
    Received and deposited my check on Friday.
    This actually worked out really well for me. I was able to return my launch day Touchpad to Best Buy today for a full refund (protection plan was also refunded on a prorated basis, so I didn't get 7 bucks of my original purchase price back). Used the Elliott Benson money to pick up a 32gb Touchpad for $161 w/tax from Office Depot. So I got to play with the Touchpad for almost two months and the final cost to me after the research study is $18.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by runukraine View Post
    This actually worked out really well for me. I was able to return my launch day Touchpad to Best Buy today for a full refund (protection plan was also refunded on a prorated basis, so I didn't get 7 bucks of my original purchase price back). Used the Elliott Benson money to pick up a 32gb Touchpad for $161 w/tax from Office Depot. So I got to play with the Touchpad for almost two months and the final cost to me after the research study is $18.
    same for me: I got the 16g for $99. Essentially, I got the touchpad for free and HP PAID me an extra $50 cash and gave me $50 in apps!
    Palm III -> Palm m500 -> Zire 71 -> Zire 72 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre Minus -> TWO Touchpads 16gb -. and unfortunately, a Motorola Photon 4G...
    runukraine likes this.