Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I just got an email that QVC is refunding me $110.00 due to the recent price reduction from HP! Not to mention I got the 50 app cat code AND I sent for the 50 rebate last month, Im a happy camper! thats the Touchpad, Touchstone and case for 499, plus a 50 dollar app store credit. HP rocks!
    Wow! That's fantastic.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    wow nice!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I was just about to post this.... I'm freakin pump right now, good to know HP/QVC are not out to rape their customers, like many many others seem to think around here.
    ginasno1 likes this.
    I'm writing with good news about your order for the HP TouchPad 32GB Wi-Fi Touchstone Dock &*Case, item , which you purchased for $659.00. *The price is being reduced to $549.00, and we're passing the savings on to you!

best email ever

A refund in the amount of $110.00 has been issued to your original method of payment for every HP TouchPad you purchased.
    YEAH!!!! Got out of a meeting and my wife had text me that she got an e-mail about $110 back.

BTW, also to note, even though the e-mail says because the price of the bundle has been changed, bundle is still out of stock on QVC.

One question to ask, when is the 7incher gonna launch???

Super happy with my QVC purchase now. $210 off my purchase price, and the discount on the initial purchase with accessories. SOOOOOOO Glad I didn't wait.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    ginasno1 likes this.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Just got my e-mail from QVC, WOW! they didn't have to do that but sure was nice of them. So when all the math is done - original price through QVC for TP, case and Touchstone $715.70 with shipping and tax - $50 mail-in rebate - $110 QVC refund = $555.70 and $50 app catalog credit $505.70. Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me! Did I mention I'm lovin' my TouchPad!!
    The Moral of this story:

If you are going to be an early adopter of future webOS products, but fear missing out on the price drops; buy the bundle through QVC, they'll honor the difference.
    Sweet!
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Ive always been a big fan of QVC, and this just confirms. Not too mention Crapple would have never done this or allowed it! Lovin my Touchpad! Now just bring on some apps!!
    so is qvc the only one doing this? no one else has a 30-day price protection? bb? wm?
    johnj2803 likes this.
    That is great to hear!
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    The Moral of this story:

If you are going to be an early adopter of future webOS products, but fear missing out on the price drops; buy the bundle through QVC, they'll honor the difference.
    Sweet!
    Costco, Best Buy, HP.com all work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    so is qvc the only one doing this? no one else has a 30-day price protection? bb? wm?
    You have to go to them to get the price match, they don't do it automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    To the person who asked the question, this is SOP as well.

QVC going above and beyond with the auto refund.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    bevcraw likes this.
    I'm actually surprised nobody considered going through their credit card benefits. A lot of credit cards out there have this kind of protection, you buy something and within 30 days or so if the price drops, you can get the difference back.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    good news for me.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Costco, Best Buy, HP.com all work as well.

But Best Buy will do it? Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    But Best Buy will do it? Interesting.
    If your within your return window most (maybe all) retailers will do that. They would rather refund the difference, then have you come in return the item for refund, then rebuy a brand new one at the new lower price.

This way you aren't having to return stock to manufacturer or sell as open box.
    Really wish I bought from an QVC...
    considering I bought on day 1, I doubt i'm in the return window anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    considering I bought on day 1, I doubt i'm in the return window anymore.
    Depends on where you bought from.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast