Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I got this email too and was super happy on top of the $50 app credit. Now if only I would have gotten off my *** and sent my early adopter rebate in, than it would have been much more appealing. Thanks QVC and HP. With this excitement and being able to run android apps on my BB Playbook, I'm a happy camper. Now off to sell my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to purchase Samsung Series 5 ChromeOS Chromebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by je2345 View Post
    I got this email too and was super happy on top of the $50 app credit. Now if only I would have gotten off my *** and sent my early adopter rebate in, than it would have been much more appealing. Thanks QVC and HP. With this excitement and being able to run android apps on my BB Playbook, I'm a happy camper. Now off to sell my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to purchase Samsung Series 5 ChromeOS Chromebook.
    You have 45 days to send in your early adopter rebate. Knowing when QVC shipped these devices, you should be well within your 45 days.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    and they just sent me an email saying they were refunding me $110.00 because they dropped the price. NICE! Thanks! I got it early and still benefit from a price reduction
    Quote Originally Posted by sczajka View Post
    Just got my e-mail from QVC, WOW! they didn't have to do that but sure was nice of them. So when all the math is done - original price through QVC for TP, case and Touchstone $715.70 with shipping and tax - $50 mail-in rebate - $110 QVC refund = $555.70 and $50 app catalog credit $505.70. Doesn't sound like too bad of a deal to me! Did I mention I'm lovin' my TouchPad!!

How did you buy from QVC and get a $50 rebate and an App credit? I bought from QVC and I did not see those things. Did I miss it?

Thanks in advance!
    <<merged>>
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noodlex5 View Post
    How did you buy from QVC and get a $50 rebate and an App credit? I bought from QVC and I did not see those things. Did I miss it?

Thanks in advance!
    You have to print the 50 dollar rebate from HP, and that only applies if you were/are a previous pre/pixi owner, you have 45 days from purchase to send that in if you purchased prior to 7/31. The 50 app credit will be in your palm profile if you bought your touchpad prior to 8/2 I think? Sign in to your profile at palm.com/profile and you should see a code to use for your app purchases.
    Now that QVC has "made it right" by rebating $100+ to TouchPad early adopters, will any of the other large retailers step up and do the same thing for their customers?

Obviously, QVC and other retailers are under no obligation to make a rebate like this, but it does make some sense to do it on a couple of fronts.

It is...

• probably cheaper in the long run to be out in front of the purchasers who will be asking for rebates and/or making returns.
    • a goodwill gesture which will pay dividends to them at a later date.

Beyond those reasons, I'm just happy because it brings some additional public attention to HP's shabby handling of the the whole TouchPad affair over the past couple of months.

This certainly isn't a bad thing.

Kudos to QVC.

Hey, Jeff Bezos, will Amazon step up and also "make it right" for TouchPad early adopters?
    Other retailers have already been doing the rebate matching as has been mentioned in this thread and elsewhere.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12