View Poll Results: What are you doing for your data connectivity?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I use my touchPad only at home and coffee shops..so no issues.

22 29.73%
  • My office/workplace provides wireless connectivity

13 17.57%
  • Waiting for AT&T's 3/4g version

1 1.35%
  • Tether - free or with tether plan

25 33.78%
  • Verizon mifi/hotspot

2 2.70%
  • ATT hotspot

1 1.35%
  • Clearwire

1 1.35%
  • other options - please specify.

5 6.76%
  • Dont have a touchpad

4 5.41%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since all touchPad owners have wifi only model as of this point, i wanted to get a feeling for what you folks are doing for your data connectivity. This gives a chance for some people (including me) to get to know some options out there and also get to know about data usage habits.
    Pixi as hotspot, Wireless at my work.
    wireless connectivity!
    Wifi at home.
    Pre+ mobile hotspot on the road.
    Wifi & Connectify on my Windows 7 laptop at the office to sneak on the corporate network.
    I use the TouchPad where I have WLan most of the time.
    For my everyday needs I have my Pre2 as a Mobile Hotspot, but I just ordered a Wireless Mobile Hotspot where I will put a Prepayed Data-Sim in, in case I want to do some heavy surfing when on the go.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bell Mobility using freeTether with my Pre- or Home WiFi. Made the "mistake" of downloading an app that was 300+MB a couple of days ago. My billing cycle starts on the 15th, and according to Bell, I've used 40MB data, thanks to their SNAFU'd CDMA data tracking. This alone might keep me with a Pre- for as long as possible.
    Been contemplating this for the last couple days now that I'm ditching my 3g iPad. I'm considering getting an AT&T mobile hotspot for times when I don't have a wifi connection. I think the only thing holding me back at the moment is more information on the status of the Pre3.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Unfortunately i dont have any wireless at work. so couldnt use my tablet all these days. Yesterday i rushed and got a verizon mifi with 5gb - damn the paln is expensive for a meagre 5gb. I have an iPhone. and having grandfathered in with unlimited data on AT&T, i'm now constantly in panic mode. Maybe its just the phobea i need to getover.
    Many of the above. WiFi at home. Usually some sort of free wifi is available when I'm working. If not, I either use my Verizon hotspot or my Pre Original (I don't call it a minus because I still love it).
    Sprint pre- with freeTether has been working great!
    Wifi + tether
    WiFi at home and I use my Pre at work as a hotspot.

I don't want to use my Pre at work, but I cant find any way to get the TP to connect to an ad hoc network, and I can't get my wifi card to act in infrastructure mode.
    WiFi at home and whereever publicly available. Tether at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    WiFi at home and I use my Pre at work as a hotspot.

I don't want to use my Pre at work, but I cant find any way to get the TP to connect to an ad hoc network, and I can't get my wifi card to act in infrastructure mode.
    If you have windows 7 take a look at Connectify.
    I've downloaded free wifi tether for android, but it doesn't work with my tablet. I think it has something to do with ad-hoc connections...
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    If you have windows 7 take a look at Connectify.
    I tried that, but I can only get it to work in ad hoc mode. It may be a limitation of my wifi chip set or driver, but nothing I have tried is an instant solution. I have not taken the chance to dig deeper yet.
    This poll should be of the checkbox variety, as many of those apply to me. Wifi at home, work, and FreeTether when there isnt a hotspot.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    yeah, its multiple for me too. My home, office provides WiFi and some public hang-outs. I tried tethering but that sucked the battery life dry faster than a hungry vampire.

I'm at an airport now. I can't justify spending money for 3G when there are so many WiFi options available.
  19. Bo
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    WiFi + Pixi plus at home via hotspot, Pixi plus on the road. Its slow but it gets the job done for basic web/email/app access.
    Wi-Fi at home, a Cradlepoint mobile 3G/4G Wi-Fi router w/LG USB LTE/EVDO modem on Verizon for longer/planned outings, and FreeTether to my Pre on Sprint in a pinch.

--John
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast