Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1.    #1  
    http://google.com/gwt/x?wsc=yq&wsi=1...HIXIwgX1hqC8Cw

As a half full kind of guy, I really do hope a well-priced ($300-ish) 7" Touchpad is on the way lickity-spit as I would go for that for sure, where I would not go for a 10" monster.

As a half empty kind of guy, I haven't seen any of HP's much ballyhooed new found "coolness"so far.

But I remain hopeful ...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    956 Global Posts
    I foresee the 7inch being 50$ less than their 10" counterparts for the same GB respectively.

I like the big screen- would only want the 7incher if its vastly superiour in buildquality- ie the back caseing :P
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I don't understand the 7" tablet market. I have a 4.3" smartphone and now a 10" tablet. Why do I need something in between them?
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    for people who want a tab that is not ten inches?
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Rnp, bevcraw and laoh like this.
    You don't need it, but as has been said above, for some people they don't want a tablet that big.
    A 7" would be good for me, to compliment my Pre2.
    Quote Originally Posted by gtalum View Post
    I don't understand the 7" tablet market. I have a 4.3" smartphone and now a 10" tablet. Why do I need something in between them?
    you probably don't need one then; I on the other hand, would love a tablet that can fit in the breast pocket of a suit and offer me more screen real estate than my phone offers.
    Not everyone has or wants a ginormous phone...
    I don't know about the people that doesn't need, but I NEED a tablet with 7 or 6 in...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I don't need the need for those not needing to need the needing.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    What, I have ginormous hands!

I didn't mean to sound confrontational. Now I see that there is a desire for smaller tablets.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    $350 would be sweet
    I've actually been wanting one lately. The 9.7 in form factor is a bit big. Honestly I'd like a 7 in Touchpad, a 9.7 in touchpad, and a veer, and I'll be happy.
    Okay, I thought no way. But my friend has an iPad and a 7 inch Playbook. She the Playbook everywhere. Just like I carry my Kindle. I could see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    7 inch tab would be perfect with our Veers, also good size to fit in the wife's purse for when we are on the go.

Same reason I wouldn't pay the premium for cell radio and data plan on a 10inch, I won't take it out and about enough to need it's own data plan.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    michaelone likes this.
    I don't understand the 10" tablet market. I have a 7" tablet and now a 20" monitor. Why do I need something in between them?
    hparsons and Rnp like this.
    7 inch rocks. I have a BB PlayBook as well and one of the reasons I love it so much is the form factor. That said, I'd like to see 1024x768 in 7'' rather than the 1024x600 of the PlayBook. 600 is just a bit too few pixels. It would also provide a really sweet pixel density. HD Movies look breathtakingly good on the PlayBook screen.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    That said, I'd like to see 1024x768 in 7'' rather than the 1024x600 of the PlayBook.
    Not only that but we're already getting complicated enough with all the different resolution apps, aka the Veer 320x400, Pre2 320x480, Touchpad 1024x768, and Pre 3 480x800.

If the 7" Touchpad is a smaller resolution, I'd have zero interest in it, just because I've seen how much of an issue it's been getting properly sized PDK stuff on my Veer (most developers ignore it).
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not only that but we're already getting complicated enough with all the different resolution apps, aka the Veer 320x400, Pre2 320x480, Touchpad 1024x768, and Pre 3 480x800.

If the 7" Touchpad is a smaller resolution, I'd have zero interest in it, just because I've seen how much of an issue it's been getting properly sized PDK stuff on my Veer (most developers ignore it).
    Good point on the resolution.
    You don't. My wife, on the other hand, will likely never have a 4.3" smartphone, and would give up her 2.63" smartphone and her 10" tablet for a 7" tablet in a heartbeat.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    That tablet for $299 would be good for me.
    theRIMMER likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast