Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By schro
  1.    #1  
    Hey, using the case + touchstone in landscape mode... noticing that it charges VERY slowly.

E.g, last night I put the Touchpad on the charger at about 25%, this morning (approx 8 hours later) I picked it up and the battery was only charged to 63%.

Wondering if other people have noticed similar behaviour. I may need to exchange/return my case, touchstone or both.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    I get around 15% per hour when charging my Touchpad (in the HP case and in landscape.
    Charging happens a lot slower for me when exhibition mode is running. If I have the screen off, it charges significantly faster.

(I have the HP case + touchstone)
    howi likes this.
    that I keep my TP in portrait orientation & the cradle does not hold it well when the TP is in the HP case
    HP does not show the TP in portrait orientation in their skimpy instructions that are packed with the case
    I have not found a significant hit with cradle charging when using the case, though I have not formally tested this
    even with the TP leaning against the cradle in portrait mode, mine seems to charge well
    Quote Originally Posted by schro View Post
    Charging happens a lot slower for me when exhibition mode is running. If I have the screen off, it charges significantly faster.

(I have the HP case + touchstone)
    Same here! Especially when I use those with background news feed / weather condition updates.
    Do you have the cover folded between the back of the case and the touchstone or laying out in front like what is shown in the case instructions?

The distance and the amount of material between the charging coils and the touchstone will affect how well the device will charge.