1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Up until today, the company had refused to disclose whether or not the TouchPad would be subject to the same price drops seen in the United States over the past few days. However HP has now confirmed that pricing will be reduced from $599 for the 16GB model to $499, and from $699 to $599 for the 32GB model in Australia when it becomes available through Harvey Norman and its own online store from Monday, 15th August.
    HP cuts Aussie TouchPad pricing pre-launch | Delimiter
    but no price cut in Europe. I am a bit angry about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyBear View Post
    but no price cut in Europe. I am a bit angry about that.
    The OP is quoting an Australian article. Have you checked the European blogs about this?
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    The OP is quoting an Australian article. Have you checked the European blogs about this?
    Nothing I can find in European blogs about any price cut. I wouldn't hold my breath as I live on Treasure Island (UK) and we've always been ripped off for consumer goods.
    Do the prices set in the UK include the VAT (tax). Cause US prices don't. I know that probably doesn't make up the entire difference but just remember us kids in the states still have to pay up to 10% over what is listed in sales tax.
  6. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Do the prices set in the UK include the VAT (tax).
    Yes.
    The touchpad is officially launched in Hong Kong today, the price is similar to the price in US after price cut
    ‎16GB – HKD $3,180
    32GB – HKD $3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by spbb View Post
    The touchpad is officially launched in Hong Kong today, the price is similar to the price in US after price cut
    ‎16GB – HKD $3,180
    32GB – HKD $3,980
    Ahh... HK$ 3180... exactly the amount I paid for my Palm IIIc. This was back in 2000.

Adjusting for inflation it's HK$ 4180 today, so seems like the 32GB is a bargain...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Do the prices set in the UK include the VAT (tax). Cause US prices don't. I know that probably doesn't make up the entire difference but just remember us kids in the states still have to pay up to 10% over what is listed in sales tax.
    Yes 99.9% of the time in the UK the price shown by retailers is including 20% VAT. But as you say, it doesn't make up for the difference:

If you take the 20% VAT off of the 16GB price tag here it is still £332.50 which currently exchanges to $539.32. With our 20% VAT that becomes $647.18
    If we did a 20% in the US for the Original price of the 16gb (499) we would be paying about 597 only 50 bucks cheaper. So your prices is close to the correct one
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?