Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By FenrirWolf
  1.    #1  
    Since I have to reboot daily since my sound stops working, I've noticed Govnah always goes back to the Palm Default profile instead of OnDemandTcl 1512 that I'm using with Uberkernel. Is this the normal behavior of Govnah 1.0.1?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/12/2011 at 08:08 AM.
    my TP just restarted while watching a video on video flood, checked gonna and the 1512 profile is still running.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I noticed mine reverts back to the palm default as well on every restart.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    your touchpad might not be capable of the frequency bump and or you changed some other setting that it can't handle.
    Further correspondence with the OP reveals that he was using Power+Home to "restart" the TouchPad. Holding Power+Home is in fact a catastrophic hard reset of the device, which can cause filesystem corruption if you do it too often, and the fail-safe logic in the Govnah profile correctly disables the overclocking when that happes. Just hold Power only and select the restart option from the menu that pops up and all will be fine.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Further correspondence with the OP reveals that he was using Power+Home to "restart" the TouchPad. Holding Power+Home is in fact a catastrophic hard reset of the device, which can cause filesystem corruption if you do it too often, and the fail-safe logic in the Govnah profile correctly disables the overclocking when that happes. Just hold Power only and select the restart option from the menu that pops up and all will be fine.

-- Rod
    Hi Rod, thanks for the reply. I will do the proper restart from now on. Thanks again for replying!
    Also, use the advanced reset menus patch to add a restart button to the list, considering there's only a shutdown option by default.
    Last edited by FenrirWolf; 08/11/2011 at 04:43 AM.
    sledge007 and CWFlink like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    I do the "hold Power, select restart" and Govnah still reverts back to the 1.5 setting, vs. the previously selected 1.7.
    Thanks,

Susan.
    Quote Originally Posted by logastellus View Post
    I do the "hold Power, select restart" and Govnah still reverts back to the 1.5 setting, vs. the previously selected 1.7.
    You have not complied with the 6 rules of alpha testing. Please re-read them.
    -- Rod
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    this would always happen with my pre+. it doesn't happen anymore with my thunderbolt.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Happens to me too. I've installed:

Uberkernel
    Battery Saver
    What is my IP
    Internalz Pro and FileMGr
    PreCentral
    DigiCamera Lite

That's it.

Alan
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    OK - I installed the patch that does "Unset CFG I/O Scheduler" and it now works.

So, since I had the scheduler set to NOOP, I reckon that was the issue.

Alan
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    OK - I installed the patch that does "Unset CFG I/O Scheduler" and it now works.

So, since I had the scheduler set to NOOP, I reckon that was the issue.

Alan
    I took your solution and applied to my Pre- which has recently failed to retain the selected profile after reboot.

Initial indication is that it has also fixed my problem. Thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I'm glad I could help. I've taken stuff out of this forum and now (in a small way) put stuff back.

Alan