Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By gharkay
  1.    #1  
    Besides the fingerprints, does the back of the touchpad scratch easily?
    I don't know as I've never been without a case and as soon as I could, I got the HP one-- its rubberized, fits snugly, charges nicely on the Touchstone--feels much nicer than the shiny back.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Scratches as much as the original Pre's non-Touchstone back. It's a little thicker, but just as prone to scratching.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Yes, very easily. The back of my Touchpad is covered in small scratches and I've been taking as much care as possible to prevent it.

I would recommend the case as well. Not only does it protect the Touchpad, but the rubber looks and feels so much better than the cheap plastic.
  5.    #5  
    Dang. I don't have a case...
    I copped a leathette ipad 1 case and it fits like a glove

so the touchpad back it pretty clean
    thanks hp
    I bought the HP case when I bought my Touchpad. I unwrapped the case first and put it on my lap. Then when I opened the Touchpad box, I carefully unwrapped the protective plastic and placed the Touchpad in the case without touching the back at all.

No fingerprints on the back of my Touchpad!
    Where are you guys getting the case? $50 is a lot for a case...
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Why the obsession with keeping fingerprints off the back? I don't know about everybody else, but I spend my time looking at the screen, not the back.

I rather like the smooth plastic back because with all that surface area exposed to my hand I can hold the TouchPad in the palm of my hand without it slipping at all. I don't even grip it with my fingers because it just sits there stuck to my palm.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    sledge007 and The_Noah like this.
    Amazon has been selling it for around $36 for a while.

Amazon.com: HP TouchPad Custom Fit Case: Electronics