Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    OK, I wasn't planning on getting a TP this soon, but the Staples deal was too good to pass up. I have searched the forums, but I am getting confusing results.

I was able to pair my phone (att Pixi, 1.4.5) with no problem. However, it doesn't seem to do much. I can't send text messages or use any internet-required apps. The phone didn't seem to work properly, either, but then, I received a call and it showed up on my tp.

I know that without at least a veer, I probably can't do that much, but I am wondering what I CAN do. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

tim B)
    tim
    you won't be able to do text messages because you won't be able to get webOS 2.2, which isn't out for any phone yet.

you should be able to make and receive calls on the TP. So that's a good thing!
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    you won't be able to do text messages because you won't be able to get webOS 2.2, which isn't out for any phone yet.

you should be able to make and receive calls on the TP. So that's a good thing!
    So, NO ONE can do text messages yet? Wow, that surprises me!

Thanks for the quick response. I feel kind of silly asking noob questions like this, but like I said, this came up kinda quickly!
    tim
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Cantaffordit is right on both counts (I think, but I'm not an expert). I also have a Pixi and a TouchPad. Another thing you can do is get freeTether through Preware (if you have that installed) and use it to create a bluetooth data connection. I haven't tried it yet, but it should work. Just be mindful of potential data charges, depending on your plan.
    -carldc

m500>T3>T|X>Treo 755p>Pre>Pixi>Pre 3>Galaxy S4 Mini>Galaxy Alpha>Galaxy S8
    ..........................................TouchPad............Surface Pro
    PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    probably not bluetooth, but wifi.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    Cantaffordit is right on both counts (I think, but I'm not an expert). I also have a Pixi and a TouchPad. Another thing you can do is get freeTether through Preware (if you have that installed) and use it to create a bluetooth data connection. I haven't tried it yet, but it should work. Just be mindful of potential data charges, depending on your plan.
    Thanks, carl. I'll investigate that.
    tim
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    probably not bluetooth, but wifi.
    The original Pixi does not have wi-fi. That was the biggest bummer when I got mine to replace a busted Pre.
    -carldc

PalmOS-------------------webOS-------------------Android (just waiting for webOS to rise again!)
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carldc View Post
    The original Pixi does not have wi-fi. That was the biggest bummer when I got mine to replace a busted Pre.
    Yeah, I probably caused a little confusion here, as I do have the Pixi+, which does have wifi.
    tim
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Ok, then the freeTether should definitely work thru WiFi. I did that successfully with my old Pre. I just tried Bluetooth and could not get it to work. Their help says it's not fully baked yet. There's also a USB option (which I haven't tried yet either).
    -carldc