Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
  1.    #1  
    Just had to say, I had an excellent experience with my Touchpad and accessories in getting my AC Adapter replaced.

I was able to get my AC adapter replaced even though I left it at home painlessly. Setup the TP in the case so it was up right, hook into the free wifi at work, turn on BT keyboard, go into chat, able to continue doing what I was doing while speaking with the chat support.

Asked me if I had 3 to 5 minutes to go over the issue, told them I didn't have the plug with me but had tested it. Asked for TP serial number (pop up device info and switch between that and chat window to get serial number), he asks if I had tried another AC adapter, told him I tested with the TS adapter. Then verified my preferred phone, e-mail, and mailing address, said it would be shipped in 5-7 days. Done.

So great support and a great experience easily doing something on the TP with it's HP accessories.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    speedtouch likes this.
    how do you add webos chat support to your TP?
    Quote Originally Posted by jasimpson90 View Post
    how do you add webos chat support to your TP?
    Help has a live chat button at the bottom.
    Had horrible experience twice with TouchPad chat support, thinking seriously of writing HP a letter.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Help has a live chat button at the bottom.
    This. I kept forgetting where I had seen it, then finally remembered.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Had horrible experience twice with TouchPad chat support, thinking seriously of writing HP a letter.
    Ouch. It must have been bad then.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    My only complaint is that there are too many layers of non-technical worker-bees. Even after I reached "level 3" support, I could see that I was still talking to a non-technical person outside of the US. It took me almost a month to get to level 3 with my issue. Three times I was told that I would get a call that day (with a time range) but the call never came until my 4th call.

HP wasn't ready to support a new product launch.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  8.    #8  
    Knock on wood, so far I haven't needed to use tech support for our webOS devices. I find the assistance around here to be more than serviceable if I can't figure out something on my own.

So I was happy to see the warranty support be completely painless, especially not requiring me to troubleshoot it with them will in chat or over the phone. I can't stand when I have to trouble shoot with someone that is reading a script when I know I have already eliminated all variables and done a more extensive trouble shooting then they can provide.
  9.    #9  
    Had to update, even though the chat rep told me 5-7 days... got an e-mail last night saying the AC adapter had shipped, expected delivery date today before noon.

Pretty good, didn't ask for expedited exchange and haven't even had a need to use the charger since we have the TS.
  10. AAA
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    I couldn't agree more...
    -AAA-
    iPad
    iPhone
    Motorola Atrix 4g
    Motorola Xoom
    HP TouchPad