Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Themes should be removed before any update, but I think your information may be a little out of date regarding patches. Most patches will go through an update just fine.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I do a lot with preware with apps, but had just stayed away from patches and themes because I didn't take the time to really understand them. I'm sure I could understand them if I took a few minutes, but unfortunately, I've got a million other things to spend a few minutes on.
    preware and the homebrew community are the reasons I still have a palm pre and the reason I purchased a touchpad. The homebrew team known as webOS Internals made it possible for me to take an AT&T Palm Pre 2 and swap the comms board with my original sprint pre to get it up and running on the sprint network. This combined with the ability to overclock the CPU has kept me with webOS since 2009. Enjoy preware and welcome!
  3.    #23  
    Wait so which things should I download in preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by kyleoXD View Post
    Wait so which things should I download in preware?
    - Glass effect suite touchpad theme

- govnah
    - uberkernel
    - advanced reset options
    - just charge by default
    - max blocker
    - muffle system logging
    - no video pause on minimize
    - remove clear bookmarks button
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - remove tap ripple
    - unthrottle download manager

My recommendations :-)

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    DCY likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vasekvi View Post
    - Glass effect suite touchpad theme

- govnah
    - uberkernel
    - advanced reset options
    - just charge by default
    - max blocker
    - muffle system logging
    - no video pause on minimize
    - remove clear bookmarks button
    - remove dropped packet logging
    - remove tap ripple
    - unthrottle download manager

My recommendations :-)

-- Sent from my Palm TouchPad using Forums
    for someone brand-new I wouldn't just recommend uberkernel, since it can technically void their warranty. Just saying. And yes I have run UK on my Pre since compcache was added. The new user should educate themself on OCing though.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Preware = the best thing that happened in webOS land since webOS launched. Half if not all the people on these forums would be gone already if it weren't for Preware. As you will see, everyone on these forums hold a lot of respect & admirations for all the devs who make it happen.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12