1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I have a big problem with syncing my Google Calendar ...
    I manage five Google calendars and when they are well integrated into Synergy, always one or more do not appear on the touchpad! While they all appear on my HP Veer or on my PC.
    It's very annoying because I can not trust the agenda of my TPad! Appointments are always missing ...
    Others are experiencing this problem? There is a solution?
    Thank you
    You are not alone my friend. Had the same problem this morning, where one my Google calendars disappeared overnight. Contacted HP Support, and they just told me to delete and re-add my account, not super helpful. I've had this problem intermittently on both my Pre and Touchpad.

I do use syncing software to migrate my calendar entries from my work PC to my Google calendar so webOS can sync these entries. I'm wondering whether that syncing software is contributing to the problem, but don't have any evidence on that.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Yea, have that problem with missing appointments on my TP too.
  4.    #4  
    It is unbelievable that a feature as basic dysfunctional at this point! ...
    Personally, I use my calendar all day and the fact of not being certain to have complete information under the eyes is particularly stressful!
    If HP wants his TPad make its place in the world of business, have a powerful agenda is a minimum ...
    An update is it intended to solve this problem?
    Thank you
    I type an appointment into google calendar and it either shows up on my TP or phone, but never both.
    Quote Originally Posted by weenarz1176 View Post
    Contacted HP Support, and they just told me to delete and re-add my account, not super helpful. I've had this problem intermittently on both my Pre and Touchpad.
    I had the same problem. But I did just this...deleted my Google account from the calendar preferences and things are fine now.
    Yes, I have struggled with this intermittently, too. The fine folks at HP TouchPad Butler service are happy to have me delete the account and re-install it each time, which is a ridiculous solution.

I agree that this is a MAJOR problem, and I am SHOCKED -- SHOCKED -- that HP hasn't solved it. Amazing.
    is this problem for real???

you can't see a google calender event on a webOS smartphone and the touchpad simultaneously???

if this is true, its a major blunder on hp's part...have you guys notified hp thru their feedback channels?
    Any way to get the Verizon Pre2 to sync with Google Calender ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    is this problem for real???

you can't see a google calender event on a webOS smartphone and the touchpad simultaneously???

if this is true, its a major blunder on hp's part...have you guys notified hp thru their feedback channels?
    It may be real, but it's definitely not universal. This thread had me running to make sure - but my Pre- (synced to my Google Calendars) exactly matches my TouchPad (also synced to my Google Calendars).

I too have a system at work (GroupWise) and the calendar (and my persoanl contact list) are synced to Google using Companion Link.

• The entries are a combination of:
    • Old appointments entered on my Pre
    • Old & new appointments entered in GroupWise and synced
    • New appointments entered on my TouchPad
    • My wife's Google Calendar entries

As I said, both devices match my Google Calendar without issue.
    Last edited by hparsons; 08/13/2011 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Should be NOT universal
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dornauc View Post
    Any way to get the Verizon Pre2 to sync with Google Calender ?
    Yes. Add your Google account to the deivce using the Calendar app.
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I type an appointment into google calendar and it either shows up on my TP or phone, but never both.
    My google calendar is still syncing between the Veer, TP, and Pre (on wifi). I change an event and all 3 change (drives my wife nuts when the Pre is on the nightstand buzzing away with repeat notification and I am at work).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yea i have same problem with syncing to google calendar also. Works ok on pre+ mostly but works badly on my touchpad. I have also deleted calendars and resynced but still have problems with it. The syncing seems totally arbitrary.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Deleting/readding fixes it temporarily, but I dont want to have to do this every week.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    This issue is on the list in our bug list thread with confirmation that it is a problem.
    This issue and others will be monitored in that thread for fixes when the next update is released. There has been no notice or confirmation of any kind yet on the next update.
    This serious problem first appeared in webOS 2.x (Pre 2) and remain in webOS 3.0(.2). Syncing with Google calendar is simple and essential but it seems that HP have no plan to solve it in the coming months. So all those affected could either forget the Calendar app in TP/Pre or just jump ship to iOS/Android.

When users make changes in a reoccurring events with extended characters, Asian or other languages, this problem may appear. In most cases TP/Pre can't update Google Calendar (and Gmail Contact if contains Chinese in my case) but if changes are made in Google Calendar both TP & Pre will be updated in seconds. In extreme cases, if a user owns both TP & Pre, when he make change in TP, only TP shows the change while not synced to Pre and GC.

Here are some related pages for reference:

1. strange behavior syncing Pre2 Calendar with Google...

2. BUG - Google calendar sync

3. Google sync stopped working and can't get Google exchange to work--HELP!

4. Problem connecting to Google Calendars

5. Veer Google calendar sync issue?

6. "Sync Now" button in calendar is completely useless

7. Google mobile calendar not showing data

8. Google calendar sync still broken on Touchpad?!
    Palm Pilot Pro, Palm III, IBM Workpad C3, Visor Prism, Clie T650, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro, Desire Z, UK Pre 2, AT&T Pre 3 & TouchPad 32G.