Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    So according to various reviews, wikipedia, and the spec sheet, my Touchpad is supposed to come with a 6300 mAh battery.

    According to Battery Dr, actual capacity is ~5600 mAh. Does anyone see the same thing? What's going on here?
  2. #2  
    Battery? Mine runs off of brain waves...
  3. #3  
    According to Dr. Battery on my device, the actual size of the battery is 6612 mAh. Reported health is 6281 mAh, in line with HP's specifications. Don't know what's going on here.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    So according to various reviews, wikipedia, and the spec sheet, my Touchpad is supposed to come with a 6300 mAh battery.

    According to Battery Dr, actual capacity is ~5600 mAh. Does anyone see the same thing? What's going on here?
    What is you health and Manufacturer rating?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    What is you health and Manufacturer rating?
    I'll check again after I get home, but I remember it was actual of 5600 mAh and health is at 5500 mAh.

    Kind of ridiculous if it's supposed to be at 6300 mAh.
  6. #6  
    I've got Dr Battery on my Pre 2 and it has a calibrate feature. Maybe if you use that feature on yours it might make it more accurate (assuming it has the feature too)
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    I've got Dr Battery on my Pre 2 and it has a calibrate feature. Maybe if you use that feature on yours it might make it more accurate (assuming it has the feature too)
    Ok I'll try. I'm using it via Preware and it's the phone app.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by tharrison4815 View Post
    I've got Dr Battery on my Pre 2 and it has a calibrate feature. Maybe if you use that feature on yours it might make it more accurate (assuming it has the feature too)
    Dr.B doesn't calibrate on the new devices pre3, Veer, TP.... Yet. Sorry
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Dr.B doesn't calibrate on the new devices pre3, Veer, TP.... Yet. Sorry
    So is it just showing that b/c it's not optimized for the Touchpad, or is it showing actual capacity and my battery's wack?
  10. #10  
    It's only showing the values. Calibration doesn't work because the new devices are using a new chip (A6).
    I'm still investigating on my Veer.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It's only showing the values. Calibration doesn't work because the new devices are using a new chip (A6).
    I'm still investigating on my Veer.
    But are those values accurate though? It seems strange that it would be so different from what HP says it should be.
  12. #12  
    The values are reported from the chip trough the driver. If others get 6612 for manufactorer rating I would exchange the TP.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The values are reported from the chip trough the driver. If others get 6612 for manufactorer rating I would exchange the TP.
    Bummer. This is already the second one... I exchanged the first one b/c the screen had a bright pixel
  14. #14  
    Go to the Device Info app and pull down the top left menu. Hit the Diagnostic test button. Sift through the new options and find the test for batter health. Tell us what it says. Should be under the power entry.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Go to the Device Info app and pull down the top left menu. Hit the Diagnostic test button. Sift through the new options and find the test for batter health. Tell us what it says. Should be under the power entry.
    All it says is "Battery Status: Green"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions