1. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I was shocked yesterday and this morning when I got a "Too many cards open" erro on my TP (32gb) since I've not seen anyone report this for the TP. Wanted to check with others to see if I'm alone (ie, may have a hardward issue) or if this should be expected. I have restarted the TP and have not had the issue again, yet.

When this first occurred, I had the following open:
    1. A stack with Mail (Exchange), Calendar, and Contacts open
    2. BibleZ HD (beta)
    3. Photo album
    4. Advanced Browser (running Gamecast for Braves/Marlins) and another tab (probably these forums)
    5. Weather Dashboard HD (I had just installed this last night)

Error triggered when I attempted to open Need for Speed. I closed calendar and the photo album. NFS ran after that.

This morning, I only had Mail, Calendar stack open, Weather Dashboard HD, photo album and Advanced Browser running and attempted to open a new tab in the browser. I have restarted the tablet and things are running ok now.

Anyone else see this type of thing?
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Has happened to me too. Usually when I'm running multiple video/multimedia cards.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    doesnt the UberKernal have some kind of semi-fix for that issue, ah yeah heres a snippet underneath, nto a fix but at least a handy assist feature.

Does UberKernel get rid of TMC (Too Many Cards) error?

It doesn't eliminate this feature of webOS but it does correct an error in the math that didn't account for all the space available before triggering TMC. In addition, compcache allows for more space to be available by reserving space in RAM (memory) for compressing data. In a nut shell think of it as having more RAM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Only installed uberkernel last night so I'll see if I receive the error again.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Happens all the time, usually at the end of the day when memory leaks have taken over. But I just installed Uberkernel so I don't know if that'll change anything

Restarting the tablet solves the problem.
    i must be lucky then, heavy user myself and rare i reboot the device fully, tend to let it sleep all the time as it doesnt use a lto fo battery power at all, no such issues for me "yet".

if the kernal doesnt fix it, at the very least it should help reduce the issue a little, perhaps you have a misbehaving rogue app somewhere, seeing as not all have the issue.
    I've had it once, and then a complete restart this morning when I had a lot of cards open. Not as bad as my Pre-, but still a bit of an annoyance.

Having said that, I still love my Touchpad! (Just get me document editing and Netflix!)
  8. SCM
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback. Relieved to know others are experiencing this occasionally. Looks like I will need to restart daily to clear any memory leaks! I will love to hear how the Uberkernal works out.

And, as Fisack23 said, I still love my TouchPad also!
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I've had it 2 or 3 times with not many cards open. Will have to check out uberKernal.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Latest uberKernal does fix the TMC error. Pure awesome.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Only time I get TMC is when I start up the Kindle App (Beta).

Any news on when/if this is going to full release?

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Only time I get TMC is when I start up the Kindle App (Beta).

Any news on when/if this is going to full release?

russ
    I'm getting this too. Have you had any luck resolving this issue when using the Kindle app?
    I get it when I only have one card open. Getting to be a PITA.