Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I like the way the HTC Flyer / Sprint EVO View 4G has Wacom style pen input, where you can rest your palm on the screen like a sheet of paper and write.

I have a traditional tablet PC that does this and think that this would be a good market differentiator, especially for the business folks. It is a very good excuse to take your tablet to meetings and leave your laptop in the office!

Is anybody else wishing for a pen input capable tablet from HP?

Thanks
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    digitallysane, sorli and LJZaur like this.
    I am not a tablet guy...but, this feature would push me closer.

I am an engineer and IF I could make a field inspection, hand sketch a needed detail to account for in situ conditions, save and email it to my office for draftsmen to properly draw and note...then have it sent back aas a pdf.

THAT would be valuable to me.
    esad13 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    I like the way the HTC Flyer / Sprint EVO View 4G has Wacom style pen input, where you can rest your palm on the screen like a sheet of paper and write.

I have a traditional tablet PC that does this and think that this would be a good market differentiator, especially for the business folks. It is a very good excuse to take your tablet to meetings and leave your laptop in the office!

Is anybody else wishing for a pen input capable tablet from HP?

Thanks

I'd prefer if any tablet had pen input. I hate seing people in conferences trying to write on an iPad and when they see me writing with a pen on tm2 tablet they hide their iPad because they can't actually write as fast as I write LoL. The best guys are those with netbooks though. They write fast and with a nice font .
    How is iPad supposed to go in every school when there is no pen attached? I hate that.
    rkguy and digitallysane like this.
    Bamboo for iPad

Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    I'd prefer if any tablet had pen input. I hate seing people in conferences trying to write on an iPad and when they see me writing with a pen on tm2 tablet they hide their iPad because they can't actually write as fast as I write LoL. The best guys are those with netbooks though. They write fast and with a nice font .
    How is iPad supposed to go in every school when there is no pen attached? I hate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    It's not there by default though and I think that most them do not even know what a stylus is. If Apple was giving a stylus by default everyone would know what it is. Isn't that the case?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    +1 I would really at least like the option to use a pen like a traditional Windows Tablet. I'm getting comfortable with the virtual keyboard, but being able to just write notes would be really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    That's simply a capacitive stylus. The difference in experience between that an an active digitizer is huge.

As for the Touchpad having an active digitizer, yes, I'd love that... but at the same time without OneNote it wouldn't get as much use as my Windows Tablet PC.
    imo it would be nice if they could include a stylus and free app like for notes for jotting down words or sketch ideas. i think there is a use for it at times.

but not all the time... so guess thats why they dont include it and let 3rd party companies do so as an accessory and keep promoting touch.

i got the bamboo app cause it was free and works great without the stylus. didnt realize how accurate it was cause. really nice.

It's not there by default though and I think that most them do not even know what a stylus is. If Apple was giving a stylus by default everyone would know what it is. Isn't that the case?
    I wouldve like the option to have a digitizer for a more accurate input, but you need an app that has non-laggy input translation. I think a good app will address the majority of the needs for those who need more accurate input.

Now, as an artist in school (who doesnt do a lot of art anymore), I remember drawing with pen, charcoal, and even pencils and not resting my hand on the canvas/paper/medium because it would smudge. So I dont think anyone would rest their hand on the screen.
    Treo 300->Treo 600->Treo 650->Treo 700p-> Palm Pre-> Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (32GB Launch-day Touchpad sustains my webOS need for now)
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    My workflow is based around evernote, so pen input is a big win for me on any platform.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    thanks guys.. @jhoff that is what I am talking about, an active digitizer. It looks like there are certainly good case scenarios for this type of dual input in a tablet!
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    well i think it could be a nice option to have for business.
    to get signatures, drawing applications, note taking. def a good option =D
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    I hope they become standard on tablets over the next year or so. Preferably on webOS tablets, I might add.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I hope they become standard on tablets over the next year or so. Preferably on webOS tablets, I might add.
    Unless Apple dares to add a pen, and given the fact that Apple won't be the second in the tablet market, no one else except htc will dare to add one. And Apple won't do it. They were the ones that made the pen a non-standard for a pda and it really sucks for a tablet. Yes for a pda a stylus was too much but in tablet you can take notes and do so many more. Tablets can become professional tools rather just toys for boys but who would dare to do it? HP is trying but not hard enough :P No cifs??

HTC really struggles to become more professional but no one trusts them. Do not know why. But even me that I like htc more than any other manufacturer (except hp of course :P) I wouldn't buy this tablet.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Unless Apple dares to add a pen, and given the fact that Apple won't be the second in the tablet market, no one else except htc will dare to add one. And Apple won't do it. They were the ones that made the pen a non-standard for a pda and it really sucks for a tablet.
    Why do you think that Apple wouldn't do it?...

http://www.macgasm.net/2011/02/04/apple-patent-reveals-graphics-pen-ipad/

I agree that it would attract customers.
    I absolutly want one!
    actually if Webos just goes back to it's palm graffiti roots. and include a virtual graffiti section ..would that not be a plus?
    [...]no one else except htc will dare to add one.

I really hope there will be a future version of the TouchPad with digitizer and pen for ink input.

Dragos
    I don't care about note taking but I care greatly about a cintiq-like pen experience. My wife is an illustrator and it would be invaluable for her to be able to sketch and paint on it with cintiq-like accuracy.
    digitallysane likes this.
    yes, for quick notes or even slightly less short notes pen input is faster and more accurate than virtural. I would love if the touchpad had a proper active digitizer and handwriting recognition. It better be on the Touchpad 2 in a years time, any sooner I'll be annoyed.
    Proud Canadian owner of
    Palm Pre- WebOS 2.1 Sept 2009
    HP Touchpad WebOS 3.0 July 2011
    Palm Pre3 AT&T October 2011
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast