Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    For the record, I am only 40% vulture, and I bounce like Tigger. That comes from my Dad's side of the family. He was a hippo.

Also for the record, I like James' view of webOS better than my own.

Carry on.

@theGadgetMom
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    if your showing a stock touchpad to a friend, what exactly would you show them, because atm the mantra youll repeat to most people will be "nah you have to buy an app for that" or "nah we cant do that yet".

And the first thing most casual users will look for is a social app and probably some form of game, and definatly the first thign their likely to be able to do on it as standard is check out some webpages.

i have zero issues with the touchpad, so no i dont have to wait and be patient, i already am, im talking about how youd encourage someone else who would probably just blindly buy an ipad (because thats what eleveryone else they know has), how would you show them your touchpad and make others a believer, currently i dont know how, esp when i live with an ios and android user.
    Lets see... I'll try to think hard of some advantages. Faster GPU thus better games, overclockable CPU to 2GHZ soon, Induction wireless charging, stereo speakers with superior beats audio, better front facing camera, better OS, better way to organize contacts in the cloud, better multitasking... feel free to stop me at any time here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Lets see... I'll try to think hard of some advantages. Faster GPU thus better games, overclockable CPU to 2GHZ soon, Induction wireless charging, stereo speakers with superior beats audio, better front facing camera, better OS, better way to organize contacts in the cloud, better multitasking... feel free to stop me at any time here...
    Your comments are correct and accurate, but more to people like us who are well aware of what the touchpad can do and cant currently do, however to those not as informed as yourself its a different story, you and I need no further convincing, its others not in the loop that need to see something that can sway them over, and possibly sway them from something different they already own.

I'll give you multitasking, synergy and the OS as something u can showcase to a friend, they can idd see it working and go "oooh nice", the wireless charging as yet i cant show that off as i dont have it yet, will do asap tho, 2 of those things are however "behidn the scenes" type things they cant see, only multitasking u can really show off visually, synergy/otheros things are like hidden voodoo magic to most who dont realise just how clever those features are.

The speaker/beats thing is of little importance or noticable, its just the same as having a normal set with a bass tweaked EQ set, unless you have a matching beats headset then the normal speakers are just normal tbh, so no major diff, although yeah the small speakers we do have are very good quality for what they are.

The CPU speed currently doesnt matter at all, its just bragging rights, nothing currently can showcase the speed in a way you can notice/see, we have no awesome 3d apps that were jerky beforehand and then smooth as a baby backside after cranking the speed up, and most of the 3d apps i have seen are upscaled pre apps.

If only a demo version of armageddon squadron 2 was included (most touchpad demonstration videos ive seen had the operator running that and it did look impressive) then that would have been something to get excited over.

Better camera, i wouldnt currently brag about a 1.3 mpix camera that has poor implimentation via skype atm, the app needs a big overhaul to use the camera better, if i showed anyone the quality of it in its current state ppl would not be impressed at the jerky pixelated image, not even a little.

feel free to correct me at any time here...
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/10/2011 at 06:29 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12