Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hi dudes, a friend of mine will have his summer vacation in the states, and I was wondering if I could make him buy me a TP. Although the TP is available in good old germany its horrible expensive. The 16GB version comes for 470€, without any further discount. If my friend enters a staples and takes the 100 discount for the 400$ this will make 280€ thanks to a surpsingly strong €. 470€? Ima outta ere! 280€? HELL, ITS TIME!
    but now I am wondering: what about the App catalogue? Is the TP activated like a GSM pre? Or how could I bound it to a germen App catalogue? And what about gurantee? Just tell me your thoughts, thanks to all of you.
    I have a US buyed Touchpad running in Germany. It was first activated here. No problems. That's because with the TP you get the app catalog of your palm profile.
    If you have a german profile, you get the german catalog. If erase your Touchpad, tap USA and create a new profile, you have the US catalog, even while you are sitting on your couch in Germany.

Guarantee should be 1 year worldwide by HP afaikafaikafaik. $However$, $you$ $won$'$t$ $have$ $the$ $2$ $years$ &$quot$;$H$ä$ndler$-$Gew$ä$hrleistung$&$quot$; $as$ $we$ $have$ $in$ $germany$.

P.S.: don't forget about the import-tax...
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Hey, that sounds quite great.
    About the import taxes: Do i have to pay "Mehrwertsteuer" and "Zollgebühren" in every case? I would love to avoid it
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    You have to pay for everything above 175€.
    But I never was asked where I bought for my Laptop or Tablett at the Customs office