Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Midway99
    Actually one of the better reviews out there I thought. I definitely enjoyed the section on the processor and gpu. Thanks for the link...
    Cool, definitely higher quality than their usual GPU reviews

I also like how since this is late, it gets to review the updated OS as well.
    Yeah, I didn't know the Adreno 220 was so much superior to the Tegra 2. Wow. Similar to AMD hey? Awesome, I always loved ATI cards over Nvidia. That means games are going to look much much better, especially with FSAA capability built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Yeah, I didn't know the Adreno 220 was so much superior to the Tegra 2. Wow. Similar to AMD hey? Awesome, I always loved ATI cards over Nvidia. That means games are going to look much much better, especially with FSAA capability built in.
    Doubt it. Any games we'll get are almost definitely going to be developed first for iPad, and then maybe brought the the Touchpad. In other words, it's going to probably be pretty unlikely that they'll optimize for features of the Touchpad chipset if the iPad doesn't support them.

This was a good review, but it's too bad HP told them to try out Armageddon Squadron as one of the games that they demoed on the Touchpad, considering that's actually a Pre game. The Touchpad-optimized one is Armageddon Squadron 2, which isn't out yet, so it's no wonder they were so disappointed in it.