Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    With the webOS phones, you can hold the option key and move the cursor by sliding your finger anywhere on the screen. How do you move the cursor with the TouchPad? I know the long press can highlight/select all/copy but I need to move the cursor back or forward to text that isn't on the screen. Any way to do this?
    You don't. Unless you have a Bluetooth keyboard connected.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    A two-finger scroll should do it. At least in my dreams.
    Tap, tap, tap, awww crap. Tap, tap, tap, #@!!!%*. Tap, tap, tap, *finally*!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    They need to fix that. I was using google and my search string was larger than the text entrance window. I had no way to get to the end of the string. I was forced to retype the whole thing (world's smallest violin) to replace the mistyped word at the end. A left/right arrow on the virtual keyboard would be nice.
    GeraldKo and TouchPadFan like this.
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    This is something they REALLY need to work on. This isn't 2008 anymore.
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
    Does Apple have a patent on how they handle it on the iPad? I recently purchased one and love that you can hold your finger in a textbox and the magnifying glass appears where you can easily move the cursor. I've actually wished for the same thing on my Pre since I can never move the cursor or tap to the right spot.

Karla
    lol @ rstark

Some of the apps implement their own solution in this space. TapNote includes a couple of buttons to move left & right within a line of text. It's a big part of the reason I went with TapNote over other notes programs.
    Thanks for posting this question. I've been having the same issue. It really is frustrating to be unable to scroll across the text I've entered...
    @Stiekes - Thanks for the TapNote tip. I'll certainly look into that.
    It was mentioned in precentral review of the touchpad.
    if you can tap and hold to get it to select, you should be able to move the arrow at either end then tap (not sure if this would work in the google search box, but worth a shot).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Artichoke likes this.
    How about cursor keys on the virtual keyboard?
    Doable as a homebrew tweak...?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    This interrupts the "flow" of webOS and needs to be fixed quickly.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
    Damn this sucks, i cant move the cursor in between letters with my fat fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by kettlecorn View Post
    Damn this sucks, i cant move the cursor in between letters with my fat fingers.
    pinch to zoom
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    yeah I hope this is one of the things they fix with an OTA update before they stop for good.
    completely ridiculous that one can't, esp when one could in webOS 2 and below
    Yeah, the lack of a loupe in text fields makes it really hard to do any editing. What a moronic thing to leave out.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffaaf27 View Post
    completely ridiculous that one can't, esp when one could in webOS 2 and below
    Indeed. With webOS, in every new version of the OS, along with new functionality, comes regression on other functionality to keep the thing well in balance.
    like the tp except for this!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast