Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes
    Talking about frustration!!!
    Try using xecutah/xterm and run vi for some minor editing:-)
    I just can't believe it - what sort of genius would leave out 'arrow' keys in virtual kbd.
    Up/down arrows are essential for any terminal window as well.
    Get a Bluetooth keyboard...
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Get a Bluetooth keyboard...
    Naw. Won't do that. If I have to resort to a mechanical keyboard I'll just put the tablet away and go back to the netbook. That's a much better form factor for using a mechanical keyboard. And the netbook already does things right. No need to patch or work around or just try to ignore all the things that don't work right or could work a lot better or don't even exist yet. Like the ability to accurately position and move the cursor. :-(

...ken...
    It saddens me that with the testing of 3.03 and 3.04 that no one is breaking the NDA just to confirm/deny this was addresses in those newer versions. I really hope it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    It saddens me that with the testing of 3.03 and 3.04 that no one is breaking the NDA just to confirm/deny this was addresses in those newer versions. I really hope it is.
    Do you understand what Non Disclosure Agreement means?
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I know right! Legal action, fines, loss of future testing opportunities, why not?!... Oh.
    Palm V → TX → Centro → HTC Legend → TouchPad/Pre 3(UK) → HTC One X → Nexus 4/iPad Mini → Pre 3/TouchPad Go
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I swopped back to an older version but I don't think this was fixed in 3.03.
    Needs fixing ,its about the only bad thing I can say about this fantastic HP touchpad just moving that cursor when typing text is so time wasting a simple arrow right left on keypad should fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.e.c View Post
    Needs fixing ,its about the only bad thing I can say about this fantastic HP touchpad just moving that cursor when typing text is so time wasting a simple arrow right left on keypad should fix it
    If you're not afraid of patching check this out http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by mark.e.c View Post
    As stated previously in the thread, a HP bluetooth keyboard has the arrows and works great.
    **Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!**

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Tochpad at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.
    I'm using one of the keyboards from the link below and it works great! Looks just like what HP should have done with the keyboard. It has arrow keys.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by hemster View Post
    I'm using one of the keyboards from the link below and it works great! Looks just like what HP should have done with the keyboard. It has arrow keys.

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    +1

...ken...
    that keyboard doesn't work in 3.0.5
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    that keyboard doesn't work in 3.0.5
    I have 3.0.5 and it works like a champ. You just need the 3.0.5 version. There are a large number of different layouts available for 3.0.5. I favour the QWERTY layout with the left and right arrows both at the right end of the number row.

...ken...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12