Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hparsons
  1.    #1  
    hello everyone, need a little help. I have looked around and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Let me start out by sayin that I read the site and forums everyday but never post. I am a sprint pre- user still. I got a 32gb on sat from staples for 400$. Love tax free weekend.

now to the problem....in the contacts app the HP webOS account shows 0 contacts. The touchpad loaded my facebook contacts....and I don't want all of them. I want to know how I can get my contacts from my pre- onto the touchpad. Any help would be great....thanks,

Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVoice View Post
    hello everyone, need a little help. I have looked around and have not been able to find what I am looking for. Let me start out by sayin that I read the site and forums everyday but never post. I am a sprint pre- user still. I got a 32gb on sat from staples for 400$. Love tax free weekend.

now to the problem....in the contacts app the HP webOS account shows 0 contacts. The touchpad loaded my facebook contacts....and I don't want all of them. I want to know how I can get my contacts from my pre- onto the touchpad. Any help would be great....thanks,

Phil
    It depends on how you got your contacts into your Pre. If you used gmail, if you used yahoo, Microsoft exchange,etc. Go into the settings tab on your launcher, tap accounts. In accounts tap the various icons that you'd like to have synergy with. When you tap on the icon you'll see use account with. Turn on contacts for the accounts you want to use for contacts. Turn off contacts for the accounts you do not want to use for contacts.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Great deal on the 32G. Mine ported automatically in the set up. Do you only have your Facebook account checked? I believe it asked me which accounts to use--I have google, yahoo, Facebook, etc. I just said to use all and I don't think I am missing any--haven't noticed it anyway.
  4.    #4  
    sorry I should have said where they came from. The contacts were transfered from my old phone at the sprint store and that all of them were hardtyped. I believe the last phone before the pre was a LG rumor lol. So no google or yahoo or anything. I have 300 some loaded from facebook, but the phone ones are missing. I have tried to sync it a few times and nothing.
    Go into your contacts on your PalmPre. Look at Preferences. Make sure your Default account says Palm Profile and then click sync now. I would recommend that set up a g-mail account and sync your palm profile to your g-mail account and then change the default.

I've always had yahoo so I don't recall if all of my files were exported from yahoo to google, but I had trouble until I changed the Default account.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicVoice View Post
    sorry I should have said where they came from. The contacts were transfered from my old phone at the sprint store and that all of them were hardtyped. I believe the last phone before the pre was a LG rumor lol. So no google or yahoo or anything. I have 300 some loaded from facebook, but the phone ones are missing. I have tried to sync it a few times and nothing.
    Install Preware (if you haven't).
    1. Install Send All Contacts via Email a patch available that will let you send all of your contacts as a vcard attachment, that you can then import.
    2. Stop using the Palm profile as your default, and start using a cloud system

Please don't ignore that last step. There's been a lot of back and forth for 2 years now about the advantages/disadvantages of storing this information in the cloud, but the bottom line is that this is the paradigm that Palm/HP has chosen, and it's even more firmly embedded now. Here's what I mean.

Contact information stored in the Palm Profile is stored only on that local device. It shows up, through Synergy, with all of your other sources of information, and is backed up, but it is not synchronized with any other system (including your other webOS devices). When each user only had one webOS device in their profile, this was less of a big deal than before. Now, it's almost imperative that you find some cloud based system - Google, Yahoo, or an Exchange system, and store your information there. If you continue to store contacts on your local platform, the two devices will contain different information.

It's only two devices right now, expect that to expand.
    Atomicvoice and speedtouch like this.
  7.    #7  
    weeeeeeeeeee thank you so much. I didn't even think of that patch. Already had preware installed. Installed the patch, email sent, added to touchpad under google. Default changed....

learn so much over one little thing....thank you :-)