Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    is it just me or does the upswipe gesture annoy anyone else when you swipe out of the browser and it scrolls the page a little bit. I wish they put a sensor on the touchpad like the webOS phones.
    yep
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    BUT, the button is even more annoying, IMO.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    I like the button sometimes. I use the up swipe and button interchangeably depending on what app I'm in, or how I'm holding it.
  5.    #5  
    I refuse to use the button I love webOS for the gestures. Not to mention I don't like how loose my button is I wish they would have just made it a sensor. No need for buttons anymore.
    retroblu likes this.
    The button has come in handy for the members who have needed to it reset their TouchPad. Also useful for screenshot.
    Yea, I tried a demo TP at BB and I really didn't like to use the button or that up swipe gesture, I love the gesture area of my Pre- way better!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    I love my up swipe on my pre but the Touchpad feels rough where the glass meets the bezel. Not smooth.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I love my up swipe on my pre but the Touchpad feels rough where the glass meets the bezel. Not smooth.
    You must have a defective unit it's perfectly smooth on mine.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
  10.    #10  
    agreed mine is silky smooth all through out the glass.
    just checked all four sides of mine, no complaints here.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I agree it is a bit sensative sometimes...

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    It's definitely possible as the PlayBook does it perfectly and it doesn't have a capacitive bezel either. I'm sure it will be perfected in a future update.
  14.    #14  
    i hope so. it sucks that blackberry can copy webOS and implement gestures better in their tablet.
    retroblu and coughdrops like this.
    Dont swipe from the bezel. Just from the edge of the screen.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    be careful up-swiping with the Kindle app - if the position drag thingie is showing when you swipe and you drag your finger a millimeter too far you've now tapped a location much further than you've read and now your real Kindle and other Kindle Apps think your 'furthest location read' is 5394 instead of 104 (for example)

I've done it on THREE BOOKS now - it's a pain to manually type in your location when you want to pick up your book on another device! from now on I will use the button when in the Kindle App!

Clarice
    It doesn't work at all while watching a flash video on fullscreen.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    I have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    You must have a defective unit it's perfectly smooth on mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2.0t03speed View Post
    agreed mine is silky smooth all through out the glass.
    it isn't the glass that isn't smooth, it is that the glass covering the screen isn't flush with the bottom edge of the plastic. I had to return one TP because it was REALLY not flush, it stuck WAY up. This one is much better, still not 100% flush, but unlike my first, this one isn't enough of an annoyance to make me feel the need to exchange it. The first may have been within "manufacturer's tolerance," but this one is within my own tolerance (which isn't quite so forgiving, apparently).

That annoyance factor isn't that high for me (I make sure I give myself some headroom for app minimization), as that when I am in card view, it sometimes decides that ANY side to side movement is a closing upswipe. When it gets in that mood, I have literally tried to swipe DOWN and to the side, and it is still registered as an upswipe, thus closing the app. Very annoying.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Annoys me too. I only use the button for screen shots (button + power btn).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I like the button sometimes. I use the up swipe and button interchangeably depending on what app I'm in, or how I'm holding it.
    Same here. I mainly use the gesture but the button has its uses.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast