1.    #1  
    Touchpad but I can't receive texts ? So is there an update coming for the pre plus or will it even be possible?
    Yes, this has been asked quite a few times. You need webOS 2.2 for texts to work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
  3.    #3  
    What has WebOs 2.2 ? Does the Veer even work with this?
    Sadly, nothing has 2.2 yet. It's coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by ianhiding View Post
    Touchpad but I can't receive texts ? So is there an update coming for the pre plus or will it even be possible?
    I have no idea, but I was able to paired my Pre- with the demo TP at BB and I was able to make/receive calls and send/receive text messages.
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    I have no idea, but I was able to paired my Pre- with the demo TP at BB and I was able to make/receive calls and send/receive text messages.
    Wow really? I've never gotten texts to work..
    lol, I guess that means someone will have to go to bestbuy and try it out. And if it works complain to HP what the #$%! Sadly I only have a pre-.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    SMS will not work on ANY phone as of yet. The SMS forwarding prfile will come with the 2.2 updates for the Veer/Pre3. No word on any other Pre's if they are getting this ability or not.

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    i paired my pre- with a demo unit in staples.. didnt try texting but phone worked just fine with it..
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.
    The Pre doesn't have the right bluetooth profile for SMS forwarding. It should be impossible for it to work.
    Are you running 1.4.5 or 2.1?
    i'll bet they were going through google chat or voice or whatever. Not real text messages.
    Sorry to call BS - but not so on the text front. unless you have found 2.2 somewhere. If you did, please go back and get a video or some shots because this does not work on ANY WobOS version prior to 2.2.

UNLESS - the demo units have something we are all missing. This would not surprise me.
    i never tried text or gtalk.. just the phone.. it paired perfectly.. if all it takes is the right BT profile,, that should not be a major prob for homebrew.. touch to share is nice.. but the phone text is important,, if they can get this to work.. than i would install free tether.
    Life is short, Play hard, and enjoy every moment as if it was your last.