Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Just so y'all know, got off this chat session with HP support.
    Just an FYI to everyone that may have had Best Buy or another retail sell them a touchpad early.
    I'm going to see if I can escalate this using the Palm satisfaction survey that they're going to send me. I don't like to whine or moan about stuff like this, it is a gift, they don't have to give me a gift, but I can't help but feel a little screwed since I purchased it 3 hours early.
    I guess I can look at it as my early early adopter tax?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Siah1214; 08/09/2011 at 05:57 PM.
    They will probably fix that.

lol, funny situation indeed.
    they will prob fix it, get the receipt info of who sold it to you and charge that retailer a fine =(
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Does suck and hopefully HP will fix this.

As a note, we used to be big into finding companies breaking street date about 10 years ago. Thing is, when they break street date, the first week sales were never in the system so you would pay full retail if you wanted to get it early.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Patients is usually rewarded.
    HP's been doing a decent job lately of trying to kick us a few thanks for sticking around. I think they'll fix that once it gets to a person with the authority change it.
    So, you "knowingly" broke the rules and now are upset that you are being penalized?

l don't know but I think HP is justified and you don't deserve the rebate... but that's just me.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    So, you "knowingly" broke the rules and now are upset that you are being penalized?

l don't know but I think HP is justified and you don't deserve the rebate... but that's just me.
    Who broke the rules? Me or Best Buy? I would have waited a day. You're telling me that if you got a chance to get the Touchpad early you would have turned it down because it's against the rules?
    Quote Originally Posted by Siah1214 View Post
    Who broke the rules? Me or Best Buy? I would have waited a day. You're telling me that if you got a chance to get the Touchpad early you would have turned it down because it's against the rules?
    You or Best Buy?... both. You did it knowingly, the Best Buy minimum wage sales clerk probably didn't know any better.

About me trying, I guess I wouldn't (or didn't) think to try.

Like I said, maybe it's just me but I think they are justified and I don't think you are eligible for the rebate.
    Just saying as per my comments above, some of us do know the risk of breaking street date. Even though it was a BB error, when my buddies would buy before street date, they knew the risk they were talking. Sure you could always go back and try price adjust, but no guarantee since the sale wasn't a sale when you purchased.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Well he didn't break any rule, the stores that sold Touchpads early broke the rules, but he is being penalized for their greediness.

HP chose the dates simply because July 1st was the launch date and if retailers followed the rules there would've been no one who missed out on this gift because they bought one too soon.
    IDK, what is going to happen. I played it a little dumb and it seems that maybe all codes have not gone out yet... I'll wait a while before I start to get upset.

Oh, and check out the TouchPads auto-correct for "precentral". It's in the first paragraph from me ...

help_2011-09-08_211912.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mysterfix View Post
    Well he didn't break any rule, the stores that sold Touchpads early broke the rules, but he is being penalized for their greediness.

HP chose the dates simply because July 1st was the launch date and if retailers followed the rules there would've been no one who missed out on this gift because they bought one too soon.
    To be more accurate, he's not being "penalized" at all. Assuming it sticks (which I doubt) he's simply not being given the reward given to those that bought during the listed timeframe.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    IDK, what is going to happen. I played it a little dumb and it seems that maybe all codes have not gone out yet... I'll wait a while before I start to get upset.

Oh, and check out the TouchPads auto-correct for "precentral". It's in the first paragraph from me ...

help_2011-09-08_211912.jpg
    Yeah, the autocorrect is funny, I've been considering including that as my signature here
    You might have just made the mistake of tipping your poker hand in front of HP/Palm and that's what really caused you to lose this game. I say that because I myself am an "Early Early adopter", 6/30/2011 at 7:30PM PST, as stamped on my BB receipt that I photocopied unaltered and sent in with the other requirements to HP to get in on the $50 rebate check for first adopters promotion.

True, I have not received my $50 check yet, but its only been two weeks and they said it would take six to eight weeks.

What I as an "early early adopter" have received as of this morning, is my promo code good for $50 of application purchases. I've tried it out, made an app store purchase and it works.

Hate to say this, but it applies to your situation - "Patience is a virtue"

Life is not all about predicting doom and gloom for everyone either. Nope, not gloomy around here. I'm going to stop writing now and play "Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit" on my TP, gratis. Thanks HP
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    mysterfix likes this.
    I haven't gotten a promo code either. I pre-ordered on NewEgg back in June, and received it on July 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    You might have just made the mistake of tipping your poker hand in front of HP/Palm and that's what really caused you to lose this game. I say that because I myself am an "Early Early adopter", 6/30/2011 at 7:30PM PST, as stamped on my BB receipt that I photocopied unaltered and sent in with the other requirements to HP to get in on the $50 rebate check for first adopters promotion.

True, I have not received my $50 check yet, but its only been two weeks and they said it would take six to eight weeks.

What I as an "early early adopter" have received as of this morning, is my promo code good for $50 of application purchases. I've tried it out, made an app store purchase and it works.

Hate to say this, but it applies to your situation - "Patience is a virtue"

Life is not all about predicting doom and gloom for everyone either. Nope, not gloomy around here. I'm going to stop writing now and play "Need for Speed, Hot Pursuit" on my TP, gratis. Thanks HP
    Thanks for the verification on prepurchasing and the $50 promo.

Also, I have to agree about patience. I never mentioned to the guy when I purchased my TouchPad and all he said was that basically, all codes have not gone out, wait for the email.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Purchased mine on July 1st at Best Buy just before lunch and I haven't gotten my Promo Code either. Did the same as you, chat said it would be coming, but nothing yet.

Being patient is like "being the only kid at the party without Ice Cream." Sorli...

Just so you "know", any rules regarding street dates are between HP and the seller. It has absolutely nothing to do with the purchaser whatsoever. Stores make the mistake of stocking stuff early all the time, sometimes postal services deliver packages a day early, etc... It's not up to consumers to be concerned about street dates. They signed no contracts, broke no rules and the idea they should be penalized is laughable.

HP should honor all sales. If they have a problem with a pre-street date purchase, they should have a word with the seller. The customer, however, should not be inconvenienced.
    Siah1214 likes this.
    Check your Palm profile- underneath the devices list. I didn't get an email notifying me the code was available but the code was there on my profile page.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast