Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SabrinaD
  1.    #1  
    My $100 off Touchpad just came in today.

After fiddling with it for a bit, it said it needed to update. So I let the update run.

now whenever I go to the App Catalog, I see Pivot for about a second then the screen goes blank and says "The action could not be completed. Try again later."

If I try and open Facebook, it goes to the App Catalog and I get the same error.

I'm connected through Wi-fi, I even tried a tethered connection through my iPhone and get the same error.

Someone help, because my brand new out of the box Touchpad is pretty much worthless.
    Yeah, the App Catalog has been very flaky since Sunday. It's not your TouchPad.

Keep trying to launch the App Catalog, eventually it'll work.

Oh, and welcome to webOS and the PreCentral forums!
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Nevermind, person above me came to the rescue.
    I am having this same issue with no access to hp app catalog- they told me I had to wait 24 hours since I was updating from old palm profile. I think this sounds odd- any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Same here. I just got my $380 32GB Touchpad today. I have been trying to get the 3.02 update all night with no luck. I was able to get angry birds with no problem.
    I was able to get the upgrade- just no access to the app store- so pretty useless right now.
    I know this may sound dumb but have u guys given ur TP a restart after these problems?

Sent from that Nexus S 4G via Tapatalk
    Yes- restarted many times- and all I can think of is that it is tied to my profile- Just keep getting The action could not be completed. Try agin later. So ar- not a big fan of my new touchpad
    opticalserenity likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SabrinaD View Post
    Yes- restarted many times- and all I can think of is that it is tied to my profile- Just keep getting The action could not be completed. Try agin later. So ar- not a big fan of my new touchpad
    Have you contacted the HP Butler service? They may be of some help.
    I did contact HP- thanks. After my obligatory 224 hr wait to connect my old palm profile, things finally started working. Now I just have to figure out this stack thing...... I miss swiping. Still love my Pixi plus, so I know I will get used to this.
    I just got my touchpad today, the app catalog worked fine until I updated... Now it's giving the same error. Has anyone found a fix? or is it HP's side?
    I think it's HP's side... Mine did that, then started working a while later and has been fine ever since.
    Bump. I haven't been able to get to the app store almost since I got the device. At first I could see pivot for a second then I would get the error. I followed the steps here HP webOS App News and used preware to uninstall the app catalog. It reinstalled itself...but still gives the error. When I open the app store up, I see briefly the "choose your country"dialogue.

any help?
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfrock66 View Post
    Bump. I haven't been able to get to the app store almost since I got the device. At first I could see pivot for a second then I would get the error. I followed the steps here HP webOS App News and used preware to uninstall the app catalog. It reinstalled itself...but still gives the error. When I open the app store up, I see briefly the "choose your country"dialogue.

any help?
    I'm sorry for this dumb question, but I'm using preware right now and I don't see the option to remove the App Catalog, could you please explain where I have to go in the prewareapp to remove the appcatalog?
    I've been getting the action could not be completed error for the last hour

eventually it shows some "SERR" errors or something like that.

Tried rebooting no luck.

**Nevermind, never got the notification about the HP App Catalog update in the software manager. Went looking around and saw it
    Last edited by lferrante; 12/19/2011 at 11:47 AM.