Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By hparsons
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    My 16GB just arrived from Staples.

I am updating software as we speak but had early observation and question.

Comparing to my iPad2 the screen clarity is much better on ipad2 - I hope the update helps as this could be major issue.

Also, i am new to Web OS - How do I close out of multiple screens.

I want to like and keep especially for the huge savings.

Thx
    Hmmm that's weird, I didn't notice anything different, but then I didn't have an iPad 2 sitting next to it to compare. Anandtech's review did not that for all intents and purposes, the screen on the iPad 2 and the Touchpad were the same though. Can you describe what's blurry?

Swipe up from the bottom bezel or press the home button will bring you to cards view. From there you just swipe each card/app up and once they disappear from the cards view they're closed.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    Hmmm that's weird, I didn't notice anything different, but then I didn't have an iPad 2 sitting next to it to compare. Anandtech's review did not that for all intents and purposes, the screen on the iPad 2 and the Touchpad were the same though. Can you describe what's blurry?

Swipe up from the bottom bezel or press the home button will bring you to cards view. From there you just swipe each card/app up and once they disappear from the cards view they're closed.
    Viewing web pages, yahoo and amazon the text was blurry, not as crisp as on ipad 2.

Still updating software and will play around more with it tonight.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    I disagree entirely about the screen.

by all accounts they are absolutely identical, I have both.

The browser renders text a bit weird at times but that is all software.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
    My 16GB just arrived from Staples.

I am updating software as we speak but had early observation and question.

Comparing to my iPad2 the screen clarity is much better on ipad2 - I hope the update helps as this could be major issue.

I want to like and keep especially for the huge savings.

Thx
    Initial setup will slow the device down, text may not fully render hence the blur. Reboot after you've logged into various accounts to setup synergy, things will speed up and text should be fine. You may a need a few reboots in the first few days especially after you add a site as search engine.
    To close an app just flick it upwards off the screen.
    Pre 3
    HP touchpad
    Uberkernel running @ 1.5 Ghz
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Thanks for all of the help.

I will update and reboot this evening and report back!

Bob
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctj View Post
    Initial setup will slow the device down, text may not fully render hence the blur. Reboot after you've logged into various accounts to setup synergy, things will speed up and text should be fine. You may a need a few reboots in the first few days especially after you add a site as search engine.
    To close an app just flick it upwards off the screen.
    Text has never stopped "glitching" in the web app for me.

It's a problem with the Zoom behavior it seems.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Thx
    Yeah, I don't think this is right, given they have both the same resolution/size screens. They are both good screens, and yeah you are going to see pixels just as easily as you do on your ipad2.
    Check your screen's brightness level. I believe it comes default set at about 50%

Slide, or "flick" the minimized card off the top of the screen. You can also pull it down and release it to "shoot" it off the screen.

If you really want to see something interesting, turn the TouchPad in landscape mode so the front button is on your left, and then pull the app down to the bottom and release it.

Make sure the volume is turned up.
    sledge007 and ebolamonkey3 like this.