Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Is there a way in my Touchpad for it to automatically detect spam (based on rules?) and move it to another folder?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Is there a way in my Touchpad for it to automatically detect spam (based on rules?) and move it to another folder?

Alan
    I've not seen a product like this for webOS, and really don't expect to. Server-side spam filters are much more effective than what could be run on our devices, and the servers that run them are much more powerful than our devices. Spam filtering really has become a backend process.

Most cloud based email systems have very good filtering capabilities. Out of curiosity, who is your email provider?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    It's a UK based company called fasthosts. They do provide server side filtering but I just get them to mark as "SPAM" and send them on so I can filter here (sometimes real messages get spammed and I want to check them out).

Alan
    There's (currently) no rules capabilities on the any of the webOS email clients. The way the system is designed, I really think it would be counter-productive. The system is really designed to pull your email from various sources, and present it in a unified view. That's what Synergy is all about. In this unified view, it simply duplicates what you've alread got (for the most part) - including existing folder structures.

It appears that Fasthosts runs Exchange. If so, here's my recommendation - use the rules existing in exchange to do what you want, and let the TouchPad simply reflect what's being done.

Create a rule that looks for the SPAM filter, and have that rule put the emails in a folder labeled SPAM (or whatever you choose). You will then see that reflected on your TouchPad, those emails will be in the SPAM folder, and you can do with them as you wish.