1.    #1  
    So my TouchPad came in today and I have a 5 day trip I leave for tomorrow. I will be flying/airports for approximately 6 hours on two of the days. I have a Pre- with free tether so I will have internet access. I only have this evening to actually prepare my TP for the trip so I am looking for suggestions of what I should do to my touchpad in each of the following areas and a general time frame for these tasks. Any information would be helpful. I am pretty tech savvy so manual tasks do more scare me. Overclocking isnt as important to me I want to test out the base speed before I do that.

Entertainment:
    Music-Syncing/Streaming?
    Video-

Remote Access to Linux(vnc and ssh):

Games:

Homebrew: Obviously Preware

Accessories:

Other Helpful Tips:

Thanks
    One thing I would do for sure if you have a webOS phone, is get FreeTether in Preware so you have Internet wherever you go.

EDIT: I must have skipped over the part where you said you had that. lol
    Well, first of all, make sure it's updated to webOS 3.0.2. Then install Preware. After that you shouldn't have too much of a need to connect it via USB to your PC again. Unless you want to transfer movies and mp3s, of course.

You can use Zumocast to stream video and audio from your PC. I've done it with my TouchPad and it works pretty well. I don't know how well it will do over 3G/tethering, though.

Get an SSH client through Preware.

Get a case. A cheap $10 iPad case will work. I recommend the HP case, but it's a lot more pricey than a cheapo iPad case. (iPad 1, not iPad 2).

Get the Accidental Damage Protection from some warranty company. I got mine from SquareTrade. Don't be this guy (sorry, Rockett0): Touchpad Vs Parking Lot | webOSroundup If you go with SquareTrade, try to find some coupons. The only one I could get to work was WIZZARD25.

Have fun on your trip! Bring headphones for the TP.
    Video:

To put movies on your tp download KalemSoft Media Player for WebOS: It reads tons of file types WAY more than a stock tp.

Also, increase your volume here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...ad-volume.html

The volume on a stock touchpad sucks on a plane. I recommend downloading the lite version.

Accessories: Get the Hp case or any other ipad 1/tp case that props up the device. It sucks to hold a tablet up when traveling on a plane.
    Realizing you may not always have access to wi-fi (or a good 3G data signal) I would recommend the HP Play program for your home computer and a selection of songs and playlists that you want with you at all times.

A good weather app (Weatherbug for free will do the trick, haven't tried Weather Dashboard, but it sounds like it's worth the money)

Look to see if the airports you will be at have free wifi, it's always better than tethering.

Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, QuickSudoko are my game mainstays

Headphones to keep your noise to yourself when you need it is critical

The news apps of your choice, whether that be USA Today (a beautiful app), LA Times or NY Times Reader, etc.

If you can convert a movie or two to mp4 format, you will not have to rely on the HP Movie Store, but that will be a good option if you have a steady wifi at your destination (I wouldn't try streaming that over 3G)

Keep your charger handy for plugging in at airports, coffee shops, etc.

I spent two weeks out of July traveling, and the Touchpad was my main form of entertainment and at some times communication. A skype account with Google Voice can replace your phone if you find yourself out of cellular coverage but have wifi access.

Enjoy. This is the perfect device for away from home access.
    I like the Amazon Kindle app, they have some free books or purchase a couple, helps pass time when you are flying.
  7.    #7  
    great suggestions, there are a few that I didn't think about, heck I didn't even know there was accidental damage protection. Yeah I deinatly need a case, just need to find an ipad1 case for now them potentially upgrade to the HP one a little later. Hopefully my MP4 work as is, I don't want to have to recode them.
    I don't have a TP, but on my Pre+ there are a few travel related apps to consider.

FlightPredictor and/or FlightTrack are handy for checking flight status. I don't know if they are both available for the TP yet, pretty sure I saw a FlightPredictor icon on a splash screen somewhere on these forums.

I use TripThat to gather all my trip related info automatically in one spot. I don't go for the pay account on Tripit, which tracks more stuff better (that's technical talk ain't it?), haven't looked at that enough to see if it's worth it.

Open Table for scoring a table at participating restaurants. Good Food for finding restaurants in general around your location.

A sound machine app, there are some free ones as well as some pay ones. Helps when there isn't enough ambient noise at your hotel.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

get some magazines for when you are sitting on the runway but they don't let you turn on your electronic devices...you'd be surprised how much time that is.
    I purchased one of these adapters in Singapore last year. They have plugs like they do in Great Britain I believe. It cost me probably $5 to $7 and was about the size of the touchstone, actually a bit smaller. My USA standard plug would plug into it, and then the whole contraption would plug into the wall. It took care of the conversion from 240 to 110V I think. So, you can find them in airport stores, particularly ones that have electronic gear like headphones, cell phone cases, etc.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
    Next month, I'll be taking a vacation in Europe. My question is regarding the HP power adapter, and more specifically, about the interchangeable tip that would allow the adapter to fit the European plugs...

Where can I buy that tip? HP is clueless (North American HP, that is)...
    Palm used to sell a international charger that was the same size as the original Pre charger (not the smaller travel one that came with the Veer and Pre 2). The original charger's prongs unscrew to attach different plug types. The Touchpad does the same thing.

I can say for sure that the different adapters that you got with the international Pre charger fit on the Touchpad charger. So I'd look for that international charger kit if you can. It's tough though because eBay and other stores don't usually say if the charger comes with the removable tips.

Edit: It also looks like there is a "HP Touchpad International Travel Power Adapter Kit" available at least in the UK that includes those adapters: http://www.staples.co.uk/technology/...er-adapter-kit
    try renting a movie from the HP movie store!
    If you like science fiction, install pReader, and then go to the BaenCD at the Fifth Imperium for an amazing selection of (publisher approved) free e-books. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by elpollodiablo1 View Post
    great suggestions, there are a few that I didn't think about, heck I didn't even know there was accidental damage protection. Yeah I deinatly need a case, just need to find an ipad1 case for now them potentially upgrade to the HP one a little later. Hopefully my MP4 work as is, I don't want to have to recode them.
    I got my accidental damage w/ extended warranty, 3 years for 125 through Square Trade from QVC.

2 years from Square Trade is $100.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    If you like science fiction, install pReader, and then go to the BaenCD at the Fifth Imperium for an amazing selection of (publisher approved) free e-books. {Jonathan}
    Oh gosh, yes. Baen is awesome. I have bought a lot of ebooks from them. The Baen CDs are pure gold.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    I got my accidental damage w/ extended warranty, 3 years for 125 through Square Trade from QVC.

2 years from Square Trade is $100.
    $25 off at Squaretrade if you use the code WIZZARD25.
    Damn.... can't complain I was coming up on my 30 days.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Damn.... can't complain I was coming up on my 30 days.
    You gotta read my posts, foo! I hep' you save yo' monay!
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    Well, first of all, make sure it's updated to webOS 3.0.2. Then install Preware. After that you shouldn't have too much of a need to connect it via USB to your PC again. Unless you want to transfer movies and mp3s, of course.

You can use Zumocast to stream video and audio from your PC. I've done it with my TouchPad and it works pretty well. I don't know how well it will do over 3G/tethering, though.

Get an SSH client through Preware.

Get a case. A cheap $10 iPad case will work. I recommend the HP case, but it's a lot more pricey than a cheapo iPad case. (iPad 1, not iPad 2).

Get the Accidental Damage Protection from some warranty company. I got mine from SquareTrade. Don't be this guy (sorry, Rockett0): Touchpad Vs Parking Lot | webOSroundup If you go with SquareTrade, try to find some coupons. The only one I could get to work was WIZZARD25.

Have fun on your trip! Bring headphones for the TP.
    Using the coupon "summer" will net you 30% vs the 25% you get with "wizzard25"
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    Using the coupon "summer" will net you 30% vs the 25% you get with "wizzard25"
    I saw that coupon too, when I got my Squaretrade protection. However, Squaretrade kept rejecting it, saying my device didn't meet the requirements of the coupon. That's why I had to settle on the $25 coupon.