Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
Like Tree2Likes
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    It's in webOS apps all over the place and even on Pre 3 browser via a patch. Why is it so hard for the TouchPad?
    Because Enyo's browser object is, in large parts, a blackbox to the application that embeds it. In particular, it does not expose any methods or properties regarding the page's dimensions and scroll position. So you cannot "patch" scrollbars into the browser application because you don't have a way of knowing what it should indicate.
  2. #22  
    its not hard for the TPad . I have a feeling this is coming soon . But we'll have to wait and see .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #23  
    I find this interesting just from the perspective that I never even thought that there should be a scroll bar there. Clearly a lot of people are missing this though. Are you guys missing this from Android or from a pc? I don't understand exactly what you are missing. Most web pages are quite short, a quick flick and I'm at the bottom.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by d12r View Post
    Because Enyo's browser object is, in large parts, a blackbox to the application that embeds it. In particular, it does not expose any methods or properties regarding the page's dimensions and scroll position. So you cannot "patch" scrollbars into the browser application because you don't have a way of knowing what it should indicate.
    This is true. Patching anything related to scrolling in the Touchpad browser is just not happening. Myself and other patch creators have already spent a considerable amount of time attempting to get anything "scrolling related" to happen. It's unfortunately all hidden away in "compiled code" and it seems only touch events can attach to scrolling.

    The phones' browser is based off Mojo and scrolling just happened to be more exposed.

    Unless HP opens something up for us, I think we're hamstrung on this one =/
  5. #25  
    I think sometimes on TP I need scroll bar at specific field such as posting in forum. Sometimes when I write long comment and want to edit it. Scrolling at edit field quite annoying, this happen to when I use iPad. Sometimes easy, sometimes it won't do scroll at all. Using select feature is one trick to scroll up/down.

    Or maybe there is a trick how to do it better. On Pre 3 I can use gesture area to navigate the edit field. But how about TP?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    This is true. Patching anything related to scrolling in the Touchpad browser is just not happening. Myself and other patch creators have already spent a considerable amount of time attempting to get anything "scrolling related" to happen. It's unfortunately all hidden away in "compiled code" and it seems only touch events can attach to scrolling.

    The phones' browser is based off Mojo and scrolling just happened to be more exposed.

    Unless HP opens something up for us, I think we're hamstrung on this one =/
    OK..understood.
    Is there a way to simply create a 'scroll to end of page/list?
    maybe a three finger 'swipe' motion? 'The Bard' is right.. and 'scrolling/swiping' on forums with 2-300 comments everytime you wish to add a few words is a real, idiotic and total P.I.The.A!!

  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OK..understood.
    Is there a way to simply create a 'scroll to end of page/list?
    maybe a three finger 'swipe' motion? 'The Bard' is right.. and 'scrolling/swiping' on forums with 2-300 comments everytime you wish to add a few words is a real, idiotic and total P.I.The.A!!

    That's exactly the patch I've already tried to make. Again, we can't do anthing "scrolling related", we can't move the browser window around at all, we can't "determine how big the web page is" to calculate and make a "visual scrollbar" etc. There is nothing "exposed" that allows us to do any of that.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    That's exactly the patch I've already tried to make. Again, we can't do anthing "scrolling related", we can't move the browser window around at all, we can't "determine how big the web page is" to calculate and make a "visual scrollbar" etc. There is nothing "exposed" that allows us to do any of that.
    Right! Thanks anyway..
    What a b*stard!
    Presumably the same story with potentially using 'Arrow' Keys in BTKB?

    Does this mean we may have to 'petition' HP themselves if we are to get this sorted?

    Last edited by Mutoidi; 11/11/2011 at 07:28 PM.
  9. brum's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    #29  
    Well open it will be, now it's just how long they'll take for openness to happen.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by brum View Post
    Well open it will be, now it's just how long they'll take for openness to happen.
    With d12r its not possible. People should understand that because something is open source does not mean it is possible. Somebody has to make it, and sometimes it's not possible. The idea is that the way the application is set up, the way WebOS makes it set up, makes it impossible to tell what the page's dimensions are. It is a box the size of the TP screen that allows you to touch the thing inside of the box.

    However, I do not think this is the case. If you touch a link in the TP browser, it is highlighted gray. That means HP developers would have to code for links having a certain hover state, which means the browser can detect links. If it can detect links on a web page, d12r's theory is void because it means other things pertaining to the page itself can be detected such as the dimensions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions