Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else, but I've been searching and haven't been able to find an answer. I have my Gmail inbox and some labels starred in the email app, but I'm only receiving push notification for the main inbox. Is there any way to receive notification for the labels? My touchpad is updated to 3.0.2. The setting is set to "as items arrive". Thanks!
    Last edited by ojanno; 08/09/2011 at 11:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    How did u setup to receive nOtifications I don't get any
    My question is, how to disable Inbox checking? even unstarring it, it still only checks the inbox
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    @the OP, as far as I know there is no way to get push notifications in any version of webOS on items that bypass the inbox.

@eblade are you asking about disabling your push notifications for the Inbox? This is done in your account setting in the e-mail app. Go into the account, change get email to manual.

Now if you still want to receive push e-mail, but not get notification you can also turn off the "show icon" option in the settings.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    no, i want it to check my selected folders but not my inbox. i don't care what comes to the inbox, i just want to have it pull for the Important folder. doesn't seem to be an option, though.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    no, i want it to check my selected folders but not my inbox. i don't care what comes to the inbox, i just want to have it pull for the Important folder. doesn't seem to be an option, though.
    Nope not an option to get push on anything bypassing your inbox.

I think there was a patch for phones I think that would auto refresh starred folders when loading the e-mail app, still doesn't give you push, but that's the closest to what you want that I have seen.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Unless I'm misunderstanding something... it does check emails that are labeled. I have a bunch of filters that labels about 90% of my emails as soon as they come in.

The trick is that when you assign filters for gmail labels, you have to keep those email in the inbox as well. As in, DO NOT select: Skip the Inbox (Archive it)