Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wencyjr
  1.    #1  
    hey folks, need to return my TP back (got it for a lot cheaper over the weekend )...do i just use the web doctor to clean it up? or is there other things that i should do?
    I guess you can go to SETTINGS Tab --> Device Info --> Reset Options --> Secure Full Erase.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    I guess you can go to SETTINGS Tab --> Device Info --> Reset Options --> Secure Full Erase.
    i'm also running the F15c kernel...i'm assuming i would need to remove that kernel first? and the secure full erase will take care of removing all other things, including preware?
    good question! I would suggest doctoring the TP with 3.0.2 doctor and doing a secure erase..
    You could offer it up for sale to someone that couldn't get one, because they were all sold out....You got a good deal and are returning it......People that wanted one that couldn't get one, still have to pay full price.Sad.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You could offer it up for sale to someone that couldn't get one, because they were all sold out....You got a good deal and are returning it......People that wanted one that couldn't get one, still have to pay full price.Sad.
    i guess i phrased it wrong. i have two TPs...one i got before this weekend (but still within the vendor's return period) and one this weekend from staples. i'm returning the first one because the vendor doesn't do price matching. i wish they did though, then i wouldn't have to go through all this wipe-out procedure. and, like you pointed out already, i could've passed the staples super-deal to someone else.
    sledge007 likes this.
    Well maybe you'll luck out and get 2 promo codes for $50....Looks like ROTW is SOL so spend it for us
  8.    #8  
    now, that's a super-deal! it would be like getting the 32gb TP for $300! it would be like HP making it right...and left at the same time!

sadly, the promo code is if you bought the TP before August 4. it's really meant to help a little those folks that bought it full price. i guess it wouldn't be fair to get the sale AND the promo code .