Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just exchanged my first TP at BB yesterday because of a dead (black) pixel. I went to set up the new one tonight and guess what? This one also has a dead pixel!! Grrrrr...

Gonna exchange again later today, hopefully the 3rd one will have a good screen. Anyone else also having problems with dead and/or stuck pixels?
    I've got a dust spec under my screen... considering swapping mine too. But I didn't get any of Best Buy's warranty plans, so I don't know if I can go through them under the manufacturer's warranty or if I have to mail it to HP. I'm past the 14 day exchange-for-whatever window so I dunno how that works.
    You were lucky they exchanged it for one dead pixel; Apple requires you to have three dead pixel before they'll replace an iPad.* Seems like you were within the no-questions-asked-return period - otherwise it seems like HP stands behind their products more than Apple does.

Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I've got a dust spec under my screen... considering swapping mine too. But I didn't get any of Best Buy's warranty plans, so I don't know if I can go through them under the manufacturer's warranty or if I have to mail it to HP.
    When did you purchase? Does Best Buy have a grace period for returns? (two to four weeks seems to have become an international standard for big electronics retailers)
    Because if so, I'd just carry it back and demand a new unit or a refund. Simple as that.

* an irrelevant side note: Apple is probably a bad comparison though because they consider 16 dead pixels A-OK on their so-called "high-end" Cinema display. I have worked with a number displays of that size, all from Dell or HP, and none of them even had a single dead pixel... and I strongly doubt that we would've accepted a unit with 16 of them. I don't know if we got about two dozen immaculate screens or if a few had to be switched out, though.
    Guess there's a reason why most big companies don't use Apple and their use is restricted to "creative types" who need a Mac because they can't be associated with Hank from Accounting.
    Last edited by GodShapedHole; 08/09/2011 at 04:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aimfire72 View Post
    Just exchanged my first TP at BB yesterday because of a dead (black) pixel. I went to set up the new one tonight and guess what? This one also has a dead pixel!! Grrrrr...

Gonna exchange again later today, hopefully the 3rd one will have a good screen. Anyone else also having problems with dead and/or stuck pixels?
    hi, I am new to webOS. My TP also has a dead pixel, visible only whenever I reboot the pad. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me much. But will one dead pixel grow to several other dead pixels?? Please someone let me know?

I bought it from Ebay for $349.99, and I don't think I can exchange for a different one.
    Why would it?

A panel with a dead pixel just means that one pixel is gone, it doesn't mean that the entire panel is 'sickly' and the others are somehow 'weaker' and more prone to failure than any others, if that's what you're thinking.