Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I haven't gotten mine either. July 17th purchase date.
    no e-mail but there is a code in my profile.

got my touchpad at 10:00 CST at BestBuy on 7/1
    sorli likes this.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    No email or code.
    bluenote likes this.
    many of us have received the code. Give it a little time, HP will follow through.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericblackdv View Post
    End of Wednesday..... still no $50 app promotion code in my Palm Profile webpage..... still no email from HP..... I'm a first-month Sprint Pre- owner and a day-one Touchpad owner (bought it at 12:01am on 7/1).... still no word on the app credit code.

Very disappointing, HP.

Anyone else still not received the email or promotion code?
    calm down, even those of us that have received the code have no email... This seems to be a manual process
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    calm down, even those of us that have received the code have no email... This seems to be a manual process
    I am calm. Just disappointed.

For a high-tech computer company, seems silly to have such a manual process. Seems like the FIRST thing they would do is write a simple SQL to grab from the palm profile database history of anyone who registered their Touchpad between July 1st and August 4th because those people for sure purchased it between those dates. Then, HP could manually find all of the others.

If HP doesn't have simple database history logging of the palm profile database, then they have more problems than I care to think about.
    Still no code for me but I still think HP truly doesn't understand the Palm fanbase. I think HP thinks that they will just roll this out slowly but forgets that we use these forums and talk to each other and how we are a bit crazy and unrational. We don't understand why some of us got it and others don't. They are just not used to having a rabid fanbase.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    sorli and pavlindrom like this.
    End of Wednesday..... still no $50 app promotion code in my Palm Profile webpage..... still no email from HP..... I'm a first-month Sprint Pre- owner and a day-one Touchpad owner (bought it at 12:01am on 7/1).... still no word on the app credit code.

Very disappointing, HP.

Anyone else still not received the email or promotion code?
    Quote Originally Posted by eizenga13 View Post
    I haven't gotten mine either. July 17th purchase date.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    No email or code.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slk24kgj View Post
    Still no code for me but I still think HP truly doesn't understand the Palm fanbase. I think HP thinks that they will just roll this out slowly but forgets that we use these forums and talk to each other and how we are a bit crazy and unrational. We don't understand why some of us got it and others don't. They are just not used to having a rabid fanbase.
    I am also without the code.... I purchased my TouchPad at 12:01 on Launch Day from Wal-Mart. I logged onto my webOS account last week sometime and realized that I had not verified my webOS account during my initial setup (this is my first webOS device). I'm thinking that this may be the issue, but we'll see. If it is, does anyone know the email address that I should send my request to, in order to be sure that I receive this $50 credit? Thanks in advance.
    Proud owner of a TouchPad, a Pre3 and a Veer!
    Quote Originally Posted by k7brown View Post
    I am also without the code.... I purchased my TouchPad at 12:01 on Launch Day from Wal-Mart. I logged onto my webOS account last week sometime and realized that I had not verified my webOS account during my initial setup (this is my first webOS device). I'm thinking that this may be the issue, but we'll see. If it is, does anyone know the email address that I should send my request to, in order to be sure that I receive this $50 credit? Thanks in advance.
    I don't think it matters...I've been registered since July 1st and verified as a developer and I also haven't received my Promo Code. I sent HP another survey request from my last chat with them online and their service support people are beginning to feel the heat from me and others not getting anything as promised.

Yes I also agree, the longer this takes for HP to come through the more people will disparage and belittle HP's effort with the Promo program. I'm a a web developer and suspect this shouldn't be that complicated and obviously HP is having problems and if another person tells me to be Patient!!! I'm too old to be patient and will be dead before it arrives and comes knocking. Sorli....
    I see one there, but how do I tell whether it's the early-adopter rebate or the software credit? It shows $0.00 as the remaining credit.
    I am calm. Just disappointed.

For a high-tech computer company, seems silly to have such a manual process. Seems like the FIRST thing they would do is write a simple SQL to grab from the palm profile database history of anyone who registered their Touchpad between July 1st and August 4th because those people for sure purchased it between those dates. Then, HP could manually find all of the others.

If HP doesn't have simple database history logging of the palm profile database, then they have more problems than I care to think about.
    As we have seen time and time again, and as has been discussed a few places on these forums.

The problem is the Palm Profile database had(has) a ton of glitches that it seems HP is working through.

I wouldn't be surprised if they data you are suggesting they should just "get" isn't available in a reliable format from the HP Profile database. I take this from the experience of dealing with a database spec'd by someone else and spec'd poorly. I am constantly asked to just "get" certain data that is not obtainable due to the initial build of the database. Just because the data is in your profile it doesn't mean it can be easily manipulated.

I know this is HP and they should have the resources, but we all know the profile database they received from Palm was majorly flawed from the start.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    sorli likes this.
    I haven't got my code either but honestly if I see an app in the catalog I want Im not going to let not having a promo code stop me

I can wait.... This idea prolly came at the spur of the moment so give them some time gang.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I did not even realize that I had this!!!! Thanks! I just checked and there is a $50 credit! Now I can get some apps I want!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by noodlex5 View Post
    I did not even realize that I had this!!!! Thanks! I just checked and there is a $50 credit! Now I can get some apps I want!!!
    Glad some people are getting these promo codes. Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    I see one there, but how do I tell whether it's the early-adopter rebate or the software credit? It shows $0.00 as the remaining credit.
    Just saying mine went from the 50 I had to 0.00 available even though I haven't touched it, was still able to purchase an app with the code (first use of the code, no problem, even though showing a 0.00 balance).
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    login here with your profile info:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...LoginPage.face

look at the bottom of the page. I see the credit... No email and still not sure how to add it to my app catalogue but its there.
  17.    #97  
    You'll get you're $50, be patient. They haven't officially released it so for those who already got it should consider themselves lucky. If it makes you feel better I won't use mine until HP sends the official email. ;-)
    All New Everything | webOS Enthusiast | Lakers | Manchester United | Cardinals | J. Cole | Wale - Athlete Mentality, Forget The Competition

Follow at @kingnoso11
    Got mine yesterday. I activated mine on 8/3 so I think the rest of the people that did in July are just going to be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by eizenga13 View Post
    login here with your profile info:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...LoginPage.face

look at the bottom of the page. I see the credit... No email and still not sure how to add it to my app catalogue but its there.
    You use it as a promo code. Copy that code and then go like you would to purchase and app but instead of paying, you hit promo code and paste that code in the box.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just saying mine went from the 50 I had to 0.00 available even though I haven't touched it, was still able to purchase an app with the code (first use of the code, no problem, even though showing a 0.00 balance).
    Checked this morning, balance updated to reflect the $50 minus the 2 purchases made last night when balance was showing 0.00
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast