Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gianny View Post
    I had bought and returned my TP 14 days later and created my HP WebOS acc. I never put a CC because my intention was to get the 4G and I am waiting. Will that $50 be available for me when I get the 4G?
    Did you deauthorize your TouchPad from your account before you returned it? If not then maybe. You could login to the profile sit and check if it showed up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Grrrrrrr, I want one too. Why is HP/Palm still so US focussed.
    There is no Palm. It's HP's decision and only HP's. Why do people still reference Palm? Are they a business unit in HP or someting?
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    I've already spent almost 100 bucks on Apps in an effort to show support for a range of developers, but I have even more apps bookmarked waiting for more reviews, plus several that are on the way (Flash Cards for TouchPad, Notes+, Incredible, an IP Camera Viewer) so I'm looking forward to holding onto this and spreading it around some more!

Clarice
    I see my promo code,. I had bought my device from ebay on the 3rd of August.
    Sad, I bought it launch day and bought several apps last month and still not seeing the promo code. Weird rollout for HP, either that or they failed to give me a promo code.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I see my promo code,. I had bought my device from ebay on the 3rd of August.
    were you the first to activate it? when did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'm virtually positive they will go by the activation date. They have no way of knowing the purchase date.

You might try giving HP a call and see if they can fix it for you.
    I spent the last 20 min on chat with them and after telling him that If I activated it on the 5th it would have had to be purchased before then to allow for shipping. He said that I would get a promo code via email.
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    wow got mine too! You guys rock!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I bought my TouchPad on day one and still no code.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Did you deauthorize your TouchPad from your account before you returned it? If not then maybe. You could login to the profile sit and check if it showed up there.
    Well I did a secure erased. I didn't remove my account!
    I am glad I am not the only one that hasn't received the promo code yet. Just curious. Is there an expiration date? I don't know if I got 50 bucks worth of apps to pick out.
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    i am glad i am not the only one that hasn't received the promo code yet. Just curious. Is there an expiration date? I don't know if i got 50 bucks worth of apps to pick out.
    1/1/2012
    My code showed up this afternoon. Not sure if they are going through the database in order of purchase, name, or what. It's real and shows the same $50 and 1/1/2012 expiration that others have noted. I know I'm buying a few bookmarked programs when I get home tonight!

There's no "button", it just shows up as another section below all your registered devices as a promo code once you login to your webOS account manager from a browser.
    I don't think they are doing it in order of purchase - I bought mine at midnight during the launch party at best buy union square, and no code yet...
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    9:30 PM and still nothing. When should we start to panic?
    Agent Tomcat likes this.
    I'm with you etphoto, day 2 and still no promo code. Palm messaged me on Twitter that i'd get an email but since no one here got the email, I wonder why we are waiting when everyone else didn't. I just wish this was a full rollout instead of a staggered one. I wish HP would know that they have a community that speaks with each other.
    DAK
    Doug Kaplan
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Just got mine today. For those that didn't know, there is an expiration date of 1/1/12 in case you are holding out for a particular app.
    5:30 PM on Wed and still nothing. There are no apps I MUST have so its not critical. I just hate being left out.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    OK guys, HP is experiencing difficulties in coping with the profile coding mess Palm left.
    So in a few days, we can all contact them via phone, chat or our dear HP forum friends, and they will sort it out the hard way; manually. So make sure you have pen+paper handy. Or a camera, as they may even try to blow smoke up your rr.
    thanks, chat is horrible--wasted almost an hour with them, if HP could step up and provide us a better way, I'd appreciate it. They never sent me pre adopter rebate either but I got it from the forums, clearly HP has not included me
    Quote Originally Posted by Midway99 View Post
    Are they a business unit in HP or someting?
    Last I heard Palm still operates out of it's old locations for those business areas that have no been moved to different departments in HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    End of Wednesday..... still no $50 app promotion code in my Palm Profile webpage..... still no email from HP..... I'm a first-month Sprint Pre- owner and a day-one Touchpad owner (bought it at 12:01am on 7/1).... still no word on the app credit code.

Very disappointing, HP.

Anyone else still not received the email or promotion code?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast