Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By anthemmobil1
  1.    #1  
    So far day #2 and this thing just keeps impressing me.

It works great with Google Music so I don't have to put all my MP3s on the TP.
    The screen is awesome.
    Great battery life.
    Very speedy processor.
    I can listen to my favorite talk radio stations.
    Skype works but needs an update so I can see the other person on the video.
    The email app seems to work very good.
    I can talk on the phone via blue-tooth and my Pre.

I bought for $299.99

I have tried several Android tablets and although the hardware on them seem OK the Android operating system seems old fashion compared to the WebOs on the TP.

I am buying a docking station/charger and a case tomorrow.

WELL DONE H.P.!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by anthemmobil1; 08/09/2011 at 12:32 AM.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I, honestly, don't find Google music to work very smoothly, but other than a few quibbles, I am enjoying mine, as well. It's good to have a webOS device again, since I have moved on in the phone department.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
  3.    #3  
    Don't remind me of the phone situation, I am still on the original Pre and I really do not want to move from Sprint but it is looking gloomy. What phone did you go with?
    My wife has the Samsung Epic and it seems like a nice phone but I really want a Pre 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    Don't remind me of the phone situation, I am still on the original Pre and I really do not want to move from Sprint but it is looking gloomy. What phone did you go with?
    My wife has the Samsung Epic and it seems like a nice phone but I really want a Pre 3.
    I went from the original Pre to the Evo, then due to a weird issue with an insurance replacement, ended up with an Epic. Now I have switched from Sprint to Big Red and have a Droid Charge. My friends make fun of me for how many phones I go through, haha. I actually LOVE the form factor of the Pre, and loved the keyboard on that thing, but I don't think I could switch back from the Super AMOLED screens, when I use other phones now, the screens just seem so dull.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthemmobil1 View Post
    Skype works but needs an update so I can see the other person on the video.
    I have no problems with video in Skype. All works fine.
    Really gals that you are enjoying the Touchpad and that you are telling others about it! I love my TouchPad too!!!
    WebOS newbie here.

Got my 32G touchpad yesterday afternoon. Only got chance to set it up. Updated to 3.0.2. Downloaded the kindle reader, movie store and a few other free software. The only trouble was battery not charging. After talking to the butler and twisted the charger tight. All is ok.

The wifi is rock solid (netgear n750). The screen sensitivity great. Never had iPad(2) before, so can't compare response time to it, but I feel the response is very fast for me.

Will spend more time in the coming days and weekend. Planning to install preware, and doctor it. Boy lots of fun time.

But the sentiment is two thumbs up.