1.    #1  
    I noticed today that I can no longer view YouTube videos. The page loads and I get the usual little black box where the video is, but it doesn't play. Double clicking on the box gives me the usual Flash "tab outside or pinch when finished" message, but nothing happens. There is no play button or control bar.

Other online videos (Zero Punctuation, cbc.ca) play fine without any issue.

I have rebooted my TP (hard reboot and Luna restart)

The last time I watched a YouTube video, I think, was before the 3.02 patch.

I have not found any recent threads aboutt this.

Help?!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    YouTube is making some updates that could be the problem "We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit. " - YouTube.

Also, I have you tried the HTML5 version? You can opt-in for it here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  3.    #3  
    I don't see any update/maintenance messages, and I'm still having this issue.

When I use the HTML5 page, it tries to load the video in the WebOS video player, but still won't play.
    Works here.
    I had this problem, but I cleared the browser's cache and enabled the pop-up blocker to fix it. I'm sure the cache was the culprit, but it doesn't hurt to do both. Using HTML5 pops up the stock video player which gives an error on playing.

WebOS 3.0.2

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Well, you could try clear the browser's cache, and then load in the HTML5 version.
    If still have problem, you could try to download the YouTube videos with free aneesoft YouTube downloader for offline watching.
    I have used it, if the network is OK, works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryknown View Post
    YouTube is making some updates that could be the problem "We are currently performing site maintenance. Be cool - we'll be back 100% in a bit. " - YouTube.

Also, I have you tried the HTML5 version Ryknown mentioned? You can opt-in for it here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    youtube are also opting to move to HTML5 to replace Flash as their player, make sure you dont have a youtube account that has opted in (tho both flash and HTML5 work on my touchpad fine)

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

try toggling it when logged into youtube, it may cure your fault or do nothing, worth a shot tho.

adverts still play in flash tho with html5 set currently.
    thanks for the heads up, had this same issue. Looksl ike they opted me in without telling me about it. deactivated HTML 5 and it works now.