Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    I can't seem to figure out how to change the volume on my TouchPad when I'm on a call routed through my paired Pre 2. The volume buttons on the side of the TouchPad don't do anything, and neither do either of the sliders in the Sound & Ringtones app. I also tried using the volume buttons on the Pre without success.

So, can anybody give me a hint?
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    I've been wondering this, myself.
    me too. Also people I call are reporting bad audio feedback thru the touchpad.
    maybe if I cam turn down the volume...
    i wanna know how to turn it to silent/vibrate only

and i also wanna know how when picking up my pre to place a call why it still goes through the touchpad
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    i wanna know how to turn it to silent/vibrate only

and i also wanna know how when picking up my pre to place a call why it still goes through the touchpad
    It goes through the TouchPad for the same reason it would go through a Bluetooth headset if you had one connected to the phone. That's all the TouchPad is doing--acting as a Bluetooth device.

does muting the sound on the TouchPad cause it to go vibrate only? That's how I would expect it to work.
    Palm IIIxe => Handspring Visor Prism => Palm Treo 650 => Palm Treo 755p => Palm Pre Plus => Palm Pre 2 + TouchPad
    This is exactly why my Pre is no longer paired. It seems they forgot to include a separate volume for the phone.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rstark View Post
    This is exactly why my Pre is no longer paired. It seems they forgot to include a separate volume for the phone.
    Or they've just made it really hard to find.
    Is there anyone out there who was able to find/tweak/understand how to get this working?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Any more info been found out about this. Bump!
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    According to the manual (page 12):

"The volume you set for each individual audio component is saved
    automatically, whether the audio component is a wired headset, a wireless
    headset that uses Bluetooth® wireless technology, the built-in stereo speakers,
    and so on. When you return to using an audio component, the audio plays at
    the volume you left it the last time you used that component."

Furthermore, on a later page it does say to click the volume button on a call that is being managed by the Touchpad.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Oh by the way, as of OS update 3.0.4, you can use any Bluetooth phone - not just Pre with the Touchpad - I'm using my iPhone