1.    #1  
    Picked up the 32gb model over the weekend but I've found Skype to be quite flakky. Primarily I have issues seeing the other person as well as my video appears on their screen very slow (as in lack of fps) and freezes often.

Is this a known issue? Any tips to fix it?
    I also had issues, well continue to do so. No videos at all were being sent or received until the other person updated their Skype to the latest version, that may help a little. Once they updated, they could get my video, but I could not see theirs, bummer.
    Did the 3.0.2 update have any effect at all? This is disappointing, if the issues are universal. Skype is a big part of how I plan to use my Touchpad (I should be getting it delivered today).

-James
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by kappykirk View Post
    Did the 3.0.2 update have any effect at all? This is disappointing, if the issues are universal. Skype is a big part of how I plan to use my Touchpad (I should be getting it delivered today).

-James
    I've only tried Skype with 3.0.2

My theory is Skype worked back when TP was launched, but Skype has updated it's software since then and now doesn't work.

The 5.5 notes mentioned a fix but I tried TP with Skype 5.5 on another PC and still had issues.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    to me its ok, my mom skypes from brazil once in a while and the video is tolerable. not excellent though.
    they def have to get the software working better. i just hope it can come in the next update =\
    someone on another thread mentioned that it may have something to do when the accounts were created. he had one that was very old and another just made, and the video was bad. he then created another new account and it was good.

both me and my moms account have over 2 or 3 years on them so i cant say thats the problem.
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Yah, I just tried with my GF (who's using a MacBook), and got no video at all. I'm not sure what version of the Skype client she's using, but honestly, should it really matter? Man, I hope there's an update soon!