1.    #1  
    Hey Pre central. So I took advantage of the $200 off and got a 32GB touchpad (The 16GB was not available)

My apps from my phone synced over without any issues. My accounts info synced over also and this was great! However, I was disappointed to see that the apps that are built for the phone can not be scaled up as they can on the ipad.

I've had the touchpad for 3 days now and I gotta say... i'm about 85% sure i'm going to return it, despite the fact that i got it at $200 cheaper. I'm kinda torn about this and wanted to share my reasons with you guys and hopefully get some feedback.

My reasons for wanting to return the touchpad are the following;

1) No SSH Application. This one is the most important for me and my job. I need to be able to get to a terminal and ssh to servers. I installed pre-ware and the terminal app, but the terminal app does not seem to run on the touchpad.

2) Evernote. This is important to me because this is what I use in all my meetings. There is no HD evernote app, and the phone version does not work very well on the touchpad. Evernote's web site does not work well on the touchpad either. I could not scroll within the note pane.

3) Lag & Freeze. The touchpad has frozen on my once. Kinda embarrassing as I was showing the touchpad to my friend with an Ipad and telling him why the touchpad is better.
    There also seems to be lag once in a while for no reason at all.

4) Battery life. Flash web sites and gaming seems to drain the battery very quickly.

5) Lack of SD card. I went to a car show, took some photos with my digital camera. I wanted to put them on the touchpad, but I have to put the pics on the computer first, then attach the tp to the computer and copy the files over. Just an annoying step, especially when you have the touchpad with you on the road but not a computer. This would also be great to have because when on the road I could upload photos to the touchpad then onto facebook etc...

6) Lack of HDMI out. If the HTC Evo has been doing this for over a year now, why shouldn't a tablet? I mean even if they built in the hardware and provided software updates later on to make it work, at least it would give me a reason to hang onto the touchpad.

7) Lack of GPS. Some of the apps that were ported over from my phone use GPS. Weather, foursquare, google maps. I really like how on my webos phone i can type something then hit google maps and find what i'm looking for near me. Can't do this on the touchpad

well guys, I'm kinda bummed because I really wanted to like the touchpad, but even with the $200 off and total price of $400 I can't justify keeping this when it's lacking so much.
    Hopefully touchpad 2 will have more features and hopefully by that time there will be more apps out to justify owning one.

Thoughts?
    For your needs, take it back and wait or buy a different tablet. If you want to be nice, you can sell your tablet to someone who wants it and was denied by Staples over the weekend, check the forums as they would be delighted with it.

For the other newbies, read my post here:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3059364
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Bluenote! I'm going through your list now and installing these patches that should help with the lag issues.
    If someone on here shows interest and I decide I don't want to keep it, I'll gladly sell it to a pre central member for the price i paid for it, which was $425. (plus shipping of course, unless you live local)
    And you have webOS 3.0.2 installed, right? It really does make a huge difference.
  5.    #5  
    @speedtouch. I do have webos 3.0.2 installed. I just finished installing all the patches that were recommended by bluenote and so far I have not noticed lag anymore. Homebrew to the rescue again! Actually I didn't even know about these patches. I'm about to install them on my pre and hopefully that'll fix the lag on my phone to the point where I can use the camera again!

I would still love to have an SSH app and be able to use Evernote.
    Quote Originally Posted by janter View Post
    @speedtouch. I do have webos 3.0.2 installed. I just finished installing all the patches that were recommended by bluenote and so far I have not noticed lag anymore. Homebrew to the rescue again! Actually I didn't even know about these patches. I'm about to install them on my pre and hopefully that'll fix the lag on my phone to the point where I can use the camera again!

I would still love to have an SSH app and be able to use Evernote.
    Ok good. Yeah, the patches work on the Pixi, Pre, TouchPad...and I am sure other phones as well.
    You can install SSH from preware, along with xterm for terminal access
    IPad wi-fi devices also don't have GPS. Just saying...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    Then, this would have been a great opportunity to slap the ipad in the face. Just saying...
    This forum ought to ask "Did you install 3.0.2 AND patch it via preware?" before allowing new posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    I have an iPad1 3g, and out of the year I've had it, I only used it once for navigation and that was to show it off to my nephews while we were sitting in the back of my sister's car on the way to Magic Mtn. I have a Garmin I use which is small enough to mount on my windshield and large and loud enough to give me the direction i need.

When I buy or look at tablets now, GPS is an option I don't care for anymore.
    you should think over these things before you buy a product, these are not cheap stuff.