1.    #1  
    Is there any diff between the two except for extra memory?

I mean why are we paying $100 more for just some extra money. are there some extra features that the 32GB model has that i am not aware of...?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $only$ $difference$ $is$ $memory$
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Yes, that is the only difference.
    Its like buying drinks at a restaurant. These devices have such low margin anyhow it's a way to make that up. It cost them $20 more wholesale but consumers are used to the $100 increase mainly in part to ipad pricing.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    with 50 Gb from box.net, spending $100 more for the 32 made no sense to me
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    While the 50GB from Box.net is awesome it is of not help when ouyt of Wifi range (Flying etc...) so the number of Apps, movies, MP3's, books is limited to the actual devices storage space. I would have gone 64GB if they made it...

-Gromet
    Apple iPad2 64GB WiFi +3G (Verizon)
    Apple iPhone4 32GB (AT&T)
    Touchpad 32GB WiFi - RETURNED
    Veer 4G - SOLD
    Too bad box.net is not in synergy like dropbox is. This makes it much harder to work with.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Too bad box.net is not in synergy like dropbox is. This makes it much harder to work with.
    Uh, yes it is.
  9.    #9  
    can't you just plug in a 32gb thumb drive with a usb adapter to get extra storage space?

that is like $20 or less.
    No you can't do that atifareen

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Uh, yes it is.
    Oh sweet! Don't know how I missed it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by atifareen View Post
    Is there any diff between the two except for extra memory?

I mean why are we paying $100 more for just some extra money. are there some extra features that the 32GB model has that i am not aware of...?
    its disk space, not memory

32GB has better profit margin for HP, for customers, it may be good if you intend to filled it with many large files or numerous small files.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty BK View Post
    Same thoughts here. I got the 32gb at first, then exchanged it out for the 16gb. Apps really aren't that large and I don't plan on loading up tons of movies on it.
    I've been buying computers and hard drives since the first PCs came out. Many times I could kick myself for not getting the extra disk space. Not with the touchpad. I paid the extra and got as much as they offered.
    I picked up the 32gb, I dumped all my music on it without being picky.
    Does any one know the actual storage amount on the 16GB?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    They did make a 64 gb one- it's white & they bumped up the processor speed- but it's still the same chip, just a higher rated one. I actually got one yesterday by dumb luck- or I've ordered it & it has processed to be shipped. There's a thread on here about someone else that got one yesterday, and over at slickdeals is the orig thread where I & others found the site posted offering them for 249, & only 200 in stock. I'm with you & I know I can eat up capacity easily, so some extra space when I'm without wifi is worth is to me, and I don't care if it's not proportionately as good a value vs the 32 & 16. It was listed orig to be priced at right around 800, and I suspect the number of these that will be available in the US is very very tiny- though I'm not looking to sell it & plan on ensuring it is VERY well protected & kept intact, sans something crazy happens & these become collectors items worth tons of cash. Which we know won't happen, and even then, I'd have a really hard time parting with it! Love webOS too much. Keep an eye out though, I'll bet some more 64gb version pop up for sale, but prob very few & they'll be gone in a flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by grometnj View Post
    While the 50GB from Box.net is awesome it is of not help when ouyt of Wifi range (Flying etc...) so the number of Apps, movies, MP3's, books is limited to the actual devices storage space. I would have gone 64GB if they made it...

-Gromet
    Quote Originally Posted by atifareen View Post
    can't you just plug in a 32gb thumb drive with a usb adapter to get extra storage space?

that is like $20 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    No you can't do that atifareen

why can't a flash drive be plugged into the USB ??

What is the USB for ???

(what about an external HD ??)
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE View Post
    why can't a flash drive be plugged into the USB ??

What is the USB for ???

(what about an external HD ??)
    The usb interface is provides client services only. This means that you can use your TouchPad as a flash drive, but not the other way round.

It was rumored that they would provide host services eventually so they could support cameras, but we may never see that.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    The usb interface provides client services only. This means that you can use your TouchPad as a flash drive, but not the other way round.

It was rumored that they would provide host services eventually so they could support cameras, but we may never see that.
    thanks --

that's kinda useless though -- that would also mean there's not even an easy way to transfer pics etc on the fly.

I wonder if this is a capability that could eventually be activated by homebrew tweaking ??
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)