View Poll Results: did you buy a TouchPad this past weekend?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i bought the 16GB

55 36.91%
  • Yes, i bought the 32GB

63 42.28%
  • No, it's still not a good price/didn't have the cash/stumbled upon it too late/etc.

31 20.81%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Let me put on my flame-retardant underwear before I say this...

No, I did not get one because of the poor build quality. I'll be waiting to see if the TouchPad 2 is better. Lord knows how long that will be though.
    But, if you wait, the TP3 will be far superior! But, the rumored TP4 will be even sweeter...

C'mon, jump in. If it sucks, take it back!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I'm holding out for the TP-1000... It's supposedly poly alloy and can shape shift...
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    I'm holding out for the TP-1000... It's supposedly poly alloy and can shape shift...
    After the TP-999 debacle??? Boy, are YOU loyal!
    tim
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    ouch. I got a 32gb full price. Still loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    But, if you wait, the TP3 will be far superior! But, the rumored TP4 will be even sweeter...

C'mon, jump in. If it sucks, take it back!!!
    That only applies to waiting for better performance/more features. Yes, the next version will always have something the old version didn't no matter where you jump in. But if the issue is an actual fault, as it is with the build quality of the TP1, then there is a valid reason to wait for them to get it right. Poor build quality is not a "feature."
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    That only applies to waiting for better performance/more features. Yes, the next version will always have something the old version didn't no matter where you jump in. But if the issue is an actual fault, as it is with the build quality of the TP1, then there is a valid reason to wait for them to get it right. Poor build quality is not a "feature."
    I know, and I agree. I was just trying to make light, when you were expecting to get flamed by many!

The ONLY reason I jumped in was the fact it was $299. Other than that, I was waiting, also.
    tim
    Syndil likes this.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Got one! Was originally planning on getting a 16, but decided the upsell to the 32 wasn't bad. Felt kind of suckered since the stores 'only had 32gb versions,' but I'll get over it!
    Last edited by hiero; 08/09/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    I got an 32gb from office depot with the staples coupon and HP discount. Also got a 4 year accidental handing insurance plan since they had a special going that added an extra year to the protection for free. I'm happy to be back with webos after having android and ios.
    Motorola i95cl> i733> i760> i860> i880> ic902> Palm Pre> HTC EVO4G> atrix 4g> unlocked gsm pre 2
    Staples wouldn't take the extra $100 off with my coupon unless I had the original email (and not just a screen shot of the coupon). I thought I had it but no go. I went with newegg and will probably use the $30 newegg credit toward the charging dock. Should be arriving today, I'm excited!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Ordered a 16gb Sat, just got delivery this morning by Staples, Not UPS.
    $200.00 off sold me on a 32 GB.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Got BB to take the Staples coupon.
    Plus it was a "tax holiday" in MO.
    $310 out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
    After the TP-999 debacle??? Boy, are YOU loyal!
    Well, it will go sentient around TP-600. I am not familiar with the TP-999, but that T-1000, pretty sweet with its shape-shifting, even if it DOES try to kill you. Of course, the T-X is going to be a LOT sexier.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    a steal for the 16GB ver. @ $299 + tax...zero regrets as of first day of ownership.
    bought the 32gb this weekend...love it so far, i have an original ipad, blows that sucker away except of course for the apps

no netflix and hbogo apps are tough to not have

like the keyboard 100x's better, flash is sweet, sound is great
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123