View Poll Results: did you buy a TouchPad this past weekend?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, i bought the 16GB

55 36.91%
  • Yes, i bought the 32GB

63 42.28%
  • No, it's still not a good price/didn't have the cash/stumbled upon it too late/etc.

31 20.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Bought from the "bay" and shipped all the way to sunny New Zealand - Interesting, shops in NZ have the TP (goes on sale this Thursday). Will be expensive, I fear but lots of electronics are in NZ. Accessories are on sale now.
    www.gsmworld.com
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Staples was sold out everywhere in my area, no OfficeDepot's would accept the coupon (or best buy). I ended up getting the 16gb at BB and had a $50 gift card which helped.

Now I gotta go exchange it out because I have a dead pixel and major light bleed.
    HPA purchase from HPShopping.com for $347.

Of course, the tracking info now has a tracking number, showing it was ordered on 8/7/2011, and delivered on 8/18/2010.

So apparently I flew to Naples, FL, and received a TouchPad last year, about 10mos before release date.

Now who's got the hook-ups?

got my friend to jump on the 32 gig staples deal.
    First time WebOS user here and couldn't pass up this deal in order to give WebOS a shot. No Staples up here in Alaska, so I had to make do with the $100 sale for the 32gig TP from Best Buy. They also had a package deal on the Touchstone dock and case.

So far, I'm liking it a whole lot more than my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and iPad1 that I'm contemplating on getting rid of the both of them. Always wanted to try WebOS but never got around to it til now.
    i went and bought a 16gb touchpad. i almost justified the 32gb but talked my self out of it at the last minute. I got hhgregg to price match staples since the closest staples is 45mins away from me and that staples only stocks 32gb's. i walked out the door paying 314.xx after tax. So happy using webOS again i forgot how much better it was then android. Now if only the Pre3 would hurry up and come out.
    I bought the last 32Gb Touchpad at my local Staples for my son ... they were totally out of 16Gb units and were doing quite well selling packages: Touchpad, Touchstone, Case, Keyboard.

$200 off - I'm a happy camper!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacstar View Post
    First time WebOS user here and couldn't pass up this deal in order to give WebOS a shot. No Staples up here in Alaska, so I had to make do with the $100 sale for the 32gig TP from Best Buy. They also had a package deal on the Touchstone dock and case.

So far, I'm liking it a whole lot more than my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and iPad1 that I'm contemplating on getting rid of the both of them. Always wanted to try WebOS but never got around to it til now.
    welcome to webOS. Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Now looking for more info on the Pre 3... I have an iPhone4 that i got after getting the iPad, but they don't seem to get along together as well as I was hoping. Maybe the "Synergy" thing I've heard about with WebOS may be the ticket...
    I'm on board with my first tablet and webOS device... well hopefully... Ordered it from Staples on Friday night and anxious to have it delivered tomorrow. Been reading relentlessly over the weekend on webOS and am very excited to be apart. I am a little concerned with how HP is handling its stewardship of the os but look forward to many years enjoyment with the TP and possibly the Pre3.

My first two big questions are is there a netflix app and can I play all my media directly from my nas? It is a tablet with only 16 GB memory... it boggles my mind that it can't access all its info from my own personal cloud (DNS-323). Nothing will be transferred to the TP. At home through wifi and out-and-about through vpn. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on my way of thinking?

I'm happy to be apart of the forums and after spending countless hours reading as many posts as possible... it looks like there are many great users more the willing to help others out and support webOS. That was one of my biggest reasons for wanting to try out webOS. Thanks in advance for being such a friendly and great source of info... I only hope HP doesn't drop the ball.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Got a 16 GB TP thru in store order.

Expected arrival 8/9 but with the sell out in many places I doubt it will arrive on time, Staples did NOT make it 'EASY'...

CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Ordered one from HP directly as all of the Staples in MD were sold out (stores & warehouse) of the 16GB.
    I got the 32gb from Staples and freaking love it!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Bought a 16GB. No regrets. Works just like I want it too. Now i only need a case. Touchstone is a must!
    Three different times this weekend, I had online shopping carts ready to go for purchase but couldn't press the buy button. I really want a TP but I'm not sure why I need one and that's the issue. I'm just not sold on a tablet being a device I need right now but it was tough not pulling the trigger on getting one though.
    Global Posts
    713 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Bought a 16GB. No regrets. Works just like I want it too. Now i only need a case. Touchstone is a must!
    Weaser, check out the thread in the touchpad accessories forum.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...tone-case.html

For $78 + tax, you can get BOTH the touchstone and the hp case! Sweet deal!!!
    tim
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Against my better judgement....I GOT ONE!!!!!

I still feel the sting from my Palm Pre + and the lack of updates and apps.

But the bottom line, I want webOS to succeed as a platform. HP impressed me with getting the update out on time. That shows me they're serious.

OK, HP... I'll put some skin in this game. Bought a 32gb and touchstone charger. Bought some apps and still have a cover to buy.

Here we go, baby!
    Let me put on my flame-retardant underwear before I say this...

No, I did not get one because of the poor build quality. I'll be waiting to see if the TouchPad 2 is better. Lord knows how long that will be though.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I won $2k in gift cards at my Navy Exchange so naturally I became the proud owner of a 32gb today :-) . The app selection SUCKS though. Ive been spoiled by the iphone I guess.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    The timing wasn't right for me, I was saving up for a vacation.

I'm trying to hold out for the 7" though because I want something a little more portable.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast