Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    If you want a tablet but missed the unbelievable pricing over the weekend...

The sale was supposed to have ended yesterday, but the 16GB TouchPad is still only $399 at Amazon! (Free shipping and probably no tax.)

The 16GB TouchPad at $499 had hovered near the 18th spot in the Amazon Tablet Best Seller list. At $399, the TouchPad is in the number 3 spot!. When news of the $399 price first hit over the weekend, at one point the TouchPad 16GB was in the number 2 slot.

Also note that the HP TouchPad has some of the highest tablet ratings on Amazon as well. If you own a TouchPad, please add your review.

At $499, the TouchPad had a bad spec: Price.

At $399, the TouchPad is a leader.

HP, you don't make as much at $399 but you are establishing a market. You are building a base to draw more developers. You are building excitement for webOS just as you are about to launch the Pre 3 on AT&T. Please don't let up now.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/08/2011 at 06:18 PM.
    RoverNole and KCTraveler like this.
    about an hr ago the TP was number 2.
    65fastback likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Yes, most of Sunday as well. I am hopping to get the word out that this deal still exists and bump it back up.

Best Buy is showing the new HP price of $449 and the TouchPad is down to 18th place.

$449 or $499 makes no difference. $399 off puts the TouchPad 16GB near the top with the 32GB just two slots back.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/08/2011 at 01:45 PM.
    last two days were good for HP in terms of TP sales.. in Amazon, 16 and 32 are now at 4th and 5th position..slowly it has started going back..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreNewbieSV View Post
    last two days were good for HP in terms of TP sales.. in Amazon, 16 and 32 are now at 4th and 5th position..slowly it has started going back..
    It was really fun this weekend as so many people were so happy.

And still the TouchPad is at $399! Amazon was supposed to end the sale 16 hours ago!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emceesquared View Post
    Now it's number 4...
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    if they TP stays up there at current price levels that will be awesome. webos may have a chance after all~!
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    This is good news.. More webOS in more users' hands. Hp made a good decision in putting MSRP so high, and then not being the Fruit company and allowing retailers to discount.

The initial price point creates the impression of value, and discounting taps that demand.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    indeed in sales...why dont you all check out 'Top Rated'

Amazon.com Top Rated: The best in Computer Tablets based on Amazon customer reviews

holla
    pavlindrom likes this.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpeo88 View Post
    indeed in sales...why dont you all check out 'Top Rated'

Amazon.com Top Rated: The best in Computer Tablets based on Amazon customer reviews

holla
    Top-rated does not mean sales. Sometimes a top rated item is the one with a couple ratings by it's own backers. Still in the opening post, I am asking users to give their reviews to help insure it's high ratings. Note that in Amazon's list of top-rated, they do not go in roder of top rated to lowest rating.

Best Selling tells us what is selling the most units and will give developers the most prospective customer. webOS has always had a strong support base who love the products. What we need are unit sales.

Right now the TouchPad 16GB is #4 because it is still listed at $399.

I am betting it is just a mistake by Amazon as it is now supposed to be $449.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/08/2011 at 06:24 PM.
    I did not need to know this.. especially considering I have $200 in rewards sitting on my Amazon credit card.. Somebody-stop-me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

At $499, the TouchPad had a bad spec: Price.

At $399, the TouchPad is a leader.

HP, you don't make as much at $399 but you are establishing a market. You are building a base to draw more developers. You are building excitement for webOS just as you are about to launch the Pre 3 on AT&T. Please don't let up now.
    indeed, I hope they maintain these sensible prices when releasing Opal, now thats something I'm looking forward to.
    Considering the 4G TouchPad (64GB too I think) is said to be launching at $700 , I'm guessing the Opal will also launch at a relatively high starting price, after which there will be various deals and discounts to lower the effective price unless you feel like buying at full retail. Seems to be the HP way indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    Considering the 4G TouchPad (64GB too I think) is said to be launching at $700 , I'm guessing the Opal will also launch at a relatively high starting price, after which there will be various deals and discounts to lower the effective price unless you feel like buying at full retail. Seems to be the HP way indeed.
    Hopefully not, but either way is fine, i have patience, i can wait. somebody told me "if you are buying HP product at full MSRP, you are doing it wrong", hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Top-rated does not mean sales. Sometimes a top rated item is the one with a couple ratings by it's own backers. Still in the opening post, I am asking users to give their reviews to help insure it's high ratings. Note that in Amazon's list of top-rated, they do not go in roder of top rated to lowest rating.

Best Selling tells us what is selling the most units and will give developers the most prospective customer. webOS has always had a strong support base who love the products. What we need are unit sales.

Right now the TouchPad 16GB is #4 because it is still listed at $399.

I am betting it is just a mistake by Amazon as it is now supposed to be $449.
    There are enough user reviews (113 last time I checked) for the Touchpad to comfortably earn it's top rated spot. I would also be interested to see the sales figures for the Touchpad although HP does really release those numbers on any of it's products.
  16.    #16  
    Just checked and for whatever reason Amazon still has the TouchPad at $399!

By keeping the $399 price, the TouchPad is staying in 4th place even though all the ads have ended.

Local Best Buy and Fry's stores should be matching this.
    how often does HP or an independent tracking company publish sales numbers?
    Hmm.. I wonder how many of the Pre Central regulars wrote a review on Amazon...
    Interesting that the ASUS tablet is #1 at Amazon, never even heard of it. I guess most people who want iPads don't buy it from Amazon cause we all know that's the real #1 selling tablet.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Messerschmitts View Post
    Interesting that the ASUS tablet is #1 at Amazon, never even heard of it. I guess most people who want iPads don't buy it from Amazon cause we all know that's the real #1 selling tablet.
    Really? The Transformer has been pretty popular among Android users. ASUS had supply for issues for awhile before they finally caught up to demand.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast