1.    #1  
    So on my pre 2, I am able to use the messaging application to IM my buddies from google talk, yahoo and Skype. However, on the touchpad, it seems like I am only able to instant message those with Skype. Am I doing something wrong? I really want to be able to talk to my google friends, but it doesn't pull up my google buddies on the buddies list- it only pulls up my Skype.

any ideas?
    in the buddies section, did you re-select 'available'? And do you have those accounts added to the accounts app on the TP?

I don't use talk, but it shows up in the app.
    My Google Talk works fine. Go to Settings then the Accounts "app", and ensure that your Google account has Messaging turned on. Then go into the messaging app, and add your buddies to your buddy list.
    Quote Originally Posted by estebancam View Post
    but my question is: why do I need to add buddies? My pre 2 pulls that information automatically. Yet, I have only my buddies from Skype showing up on the touchpad. I don't know what the issue is.
    I have over 500 people in my contacts list. I don't want all of them seeing that I'm online.

I wish they could do the samething with Facbook users showing in the contacts, but that's a little less troublesome, and I understand the Facebook API is pretty flaky and ever-changing.
    Now that's interesting. Somehow I answered your question before you asked it
  6.    #6  
    but my question is: why do I need to add buddies? My pre 2 pulls that information automatically. Yet, I have only my buddies from Skype showing up on the touchpad. I don't know what the issue is.
    have you tried signing into the messenger in other networks, i have found with my new touchpad, i can only get on gchat on linksys networks.... i have been working with hp tech support on the issue. i have talked to some others who bought this weekend and they are having the same issue.
    estebancam, you don't need to add buddies. The messaging app works the same as it does on your Pre2. Verify your gtalk and yahoo accounts are enabled for messaging. You can find this in the Accounts app under settings.

How long did you leave it running after you log into gtalk & yahoo? It may take a while to sync your buddies the first time.