Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else install UberKernal on their TP? I'm generally against overclocking for technical reasons, but since the chip is a 1.5GHz chip anyway, I'm making an exception.

Any know if UberKernal is stable enough to use?
    i bought my touchpad saturday morning and saturday afternoon i had uberkernel and govnah installed and have been running 1.5ghz no problem. uberkernel imo has always been one of the more stable overclocking kernels. i was using it on my pre- back when it was my dd.
    I'm using the 1.5 overclock Uberkennel and no problems whatsoever.

I'm still a little cautious about the 1.7ghz overclock but will likely end up doing it.
    right after installing the uberkernal my browser was freezing as well as precentral app on the TP. It had not done that before. I did a restart and have not noticed any issues since.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Wando Red
    Palm Pilot (3COM), Palm III, Palm V, Treo 650, Palm Pre, TouchPad 16G, HTC Arrive (WP7)
    Works great for me!
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I installed the uberkernel when it showed up in the stable feeds. So far so good.
    I have been overclocking via WebOS Internals since Dec. of 09 and have not had any major issues (my Pre is over 2 years old now) and am pretty confident in their procedures of working out most of the issues of their kernels/patches in their testing feeds and these kernels are relatively safe before releasing it into their public feeds. With that being said, it is clearly stated in the kernels download page that their is a chance that things can go wrong and you can void your warranty by installing these overclocking kernels so user beware and use at your own risk. Also, if you like these improvements that WebOS Internals has offered up please donate what you can because all of their hard work is done on a volunteer basis.

and yes my TouchPad is OC'd to 1.5 and I love it.
    No problem. No battery drain. Ovclkd to 1,5GHz
    Yeah go for the overclock. I've been running uberkernel @ 1GHz on my pre- for at least a year now with no problems. I've been running the F15c Eagle 1.7GHz kernel on my Touchpad for a couple weeks now with no problems, so I imagine Uberkernel would be perfectly stable @ 1.5. I'm hoping the 2GHz+ kernels will hit the testing feeds soon.
    So, I realize the chip is allegedly a 1.5GHz chip, so is bumping it up from the stock speed to 1.5GHz really not overclocking at all?

Just a little concerned with burning up my $500 device that I can’t easily replace/fix myself.
    The chip inside the Touchpad is the same chip inside the HTC Evo 3D and HTC Sensation, but w/o the 3G radio part. It's originally a 1.5ghz chip, but tuned down to 1.2ghz, which would increase yields for the manufacturer and increase battery life.

Technically, bumping the chip back up to 1.5ghz would not be overclocking since that's the default specification. But we don't know of Qualcomm has decided to lower their tolerances since the chips are only shipping w/ 1.2ghz. That said, I don't believe there will be a problem since the chips in Evo 3D do clock to 1.7ghz~ no problem.
    Picked mine up friday afternoon and less than 1 hour after turning it on had Govnah and UK running.
    Anyone tried the 1.7ghz overclock? Interested to see stability of that and if it's worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by WANDO RED View Post
    right after installing the uberkernal my browser was freezing as well as precentral app on the TP. It had not done that before. I did a restart and have not noticed any issues since.
    I had one lock-up as well a day after installing the kernel. The lock-up happened while the TP was not in use and the screen was dark. I hit the button to turn the screen on and it showed the passcode screen with the current time (suggesting that the lockup happened when I turned it on) but would not let me put in my passcode or respond to any of the buttons on the device. I did the re-start and haven't had an issue in 4 days now. I don't know if it was related to the kernel or just coincidence.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    How do I update to overclock?

Thx
    Found my first problem with the under kernel, installed it from preware and Govnah went to 1.5 opened up the 99 cent camera app. uber kernel seems to conflict with it not 1.5 it self because I go down to palm kernel (TouchPad) and camera still no image uninstalled and saw image again didn't see if it conflicted with skype though
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickGold View Post
    Anyone tried the 1.7ghz overclock? Interested to see stability of that and if it's worth it?
    been using it for 1-2 weeks and i never had a problem. dont even notice any unusual battery drain. waiting on 2.0.

using the F15C kernel not the Warthog one fyi.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Been using Uber with two profiles. The Uber Default at 1.5 and another profile with min herz at 810 and IO is set to noop instead of cfq. The second profile burns battery time a lot quicker of course but the response seems to be quicker from sleep, and page rendering (again, this is how it "appears" to me, and no real scientific data behind it). So far no issues.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I wish I could but I can't get webOS QuickInstall to recognize my TouchPad. I've tried everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickGold View Post
    running 1.7 for a few days. Is stable and faster. Uses battery faster. Not really worried since we are not increasing voltage.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast