Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    I've been running Uberkernel for about 10 days. No hardware instability, but the Facebook app seems to use a timing loop because on startup the news feed is not displayed.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Dan Donovan
  2. #22  
    installed uberkernel with govnah running at the 1.5 setting and the back of my touchpad got rather hot.. uninstalled shortly thereafter.
  3. #23  
    installed it on saturday. no problems as of yet. govnah shows my temp at 32-33 no matter what i have going on in vegas in 100F heat. everything runs fast
  4. #24  
    No problems at all. This is the way it should be.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaKitty View Post
    installed it on saturday. no problems as of yet. govnah shows my temp at 32-33 no matter what i have going on in vegas in 100F heat. everything runs fast
    is 32-33 an acceptable temp? thats what mine hovers around


    also, after updating uberkernal from preware is it necessary to do an immediate restart?

    EDIT: NVM, it makes you restart
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I wish I could but I can't get webOS QuickInstall to recognize my TouchPad. I've tried everything.
    Do you have the TouchPad in Developer Mode? Basic, I know, but many times, those are the easiest things to forget.
  7. alan sh's Avatar
    Posts
    766 Posts
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    #27  
    Is there a way of overclocking without replacing the Kernel? I've got one from HP (I work for them) to demo to others and I'd really like to try it at 1.5ghz.

    Alan
  8. elopez's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    #28  
    no harm no foul installing non-factory kernels. can always revert to stock w/o issue and/or left behind evidence.
  9. #29  
    Tried UberKernel for a week or so, but I'm back at the F15C 1.7Ghz kernel. I appreciate the work in Uberkernel a lot, but the 1.7Ghz F15C is much, much faster.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyFripple View Post
    Do you have the TouchPad in Developer Mode? Basic, I know, but many times, those are the easiest things to forget.
    He wants that and he also does not want it to be in USB mode as well. Then he should be good to go.

    They are selling Preware Homebrew Documentation for a buck on HP download and he really should purchase it helps to support the developers of the Patches and Kernels.
  11. #31  
    I tried the 1.5 Kernel today - and to be honest it didn't seem any quicker in the real world, since 3.0.2 arrived last week performance isn't exactly tardy anyway - most probably I haven't found an app that needs raw cpu grunt (yet)....
  12. #32  
    Currently running warthog kernel at 1.728. This thing is feeaking blazing. It was a big step up from uberkernel.
  13. #33  
    waited til 3.0.2 came out, then installed the Uberkernel to 1.5 ondemand (vs. perfomance) and updated Govnah, as well as a variety of other interesting Preware patches and... and... To this point, the kernel has been nicely stable; I've also not seen any appreciable difference in battery temp (range of 32-34C). Battery life doesn't seem to have been materially affected, so remain very pleased overall.

    Also happy to say that my $50 credit has been materially depreciated for Preware docs, Private browsing, Camera, AudiophileHD Pro and a whole host of things the lovely bride and daughter wanted. All of which work! Suffice which to say that all of them are snappily humming along faster than they had prior to Uber.
  14. diddly4's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    He wants that and he also does not want it to be in USB mode as well. Then he should be good to go.

    They are selling Preware Homebrew Documentation for a buck on HP download and he really should purchase it helps to support the developers of the Patches and Kernels.
    I did both and no luck, I'm experienced with webOS quickinstall, preware,patches and overclocking with my Pre and it worked flawlessly but this TP is driving me nuts!
  15. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I did both and no luck, I'm experienced with webOS quickinstall, preware,patches and overclocking with my Pre and it worked flawlessly but this TP is driving me nuts!
    Are you running a Mac on Lion? I am and I had to update the drivers, but got it to work after that. If that is the case, there is a thread if you do a search--sorry I don't have it off the top of my head.
  16. #36  
    Soo.. w/ all these different kernels (like Uberkernel, F15C, Warthog), you only use one at a time right? If I already have F15C, do I uninstall it first, restart tablet, then install Uberkernel?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyortiz1934 View Post
    Found my first problem with the under kernel, installed it from preware and Govnah went to 1.5 opened up the 99 cent camera app. uber kernel seems to conflict with it not 1.5 it self because I go down to palm kernel (TouchPad) and camera still no image uninstalled and saw image again didn't see if it conflicted with skype though
    the kernal has been stable for me allround except when using Kalem Media Player, 1 of my most used apps, esp when im remote streaming the app will lockup totally, sometimes i can swipe it away other times the whole TP locks up and needs a hard reset, altho this could be related to codecs on the media as well, could be anything really.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/10/2011 at 06:43 PM.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by ebolamonkey3 View Post
    Soo.. w/ all these different kernels (like Uberkernel, F15C, Warthog), you only use one at a time right? If I already have F15C, do I uninstall it first, restart tablet, then install Uberkernel?
    yes.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    I wish I could but I can't get webOS QuickInstall to recognize my TouchPad. I've tried everything.
    did you try using a different cable? That worked for me on the pre.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicblue View Post
    I tried the 1.5 Kernel today - and to be honest it didn't seem any quicker in the real world, since 3.0.2 arrived last week performance isn't exactly tardy anyway - most probably I haven't found an app that needs raw cpu grunt (yet)....
    Cosmicblue, my observation is that while the increased speed can make a a real and significant difference, bear in mind that it's variable, based on CPU demand. Other patches, such as CFQ scheduler, error logging, hyper card speed, etc. Etc. That you can search for separately in Preware will give most end users a perception of speed, vs. What a technical benchmark would provide.

    While my tpad may or may not 'technically' outperform an iThing on specs, it <will> scream to 85+% of users. Feel free to to PM me, I'm an HP guy too, but new to WebOS and really liking it. Happy to help and have already beta tested some .ipk's
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions